Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intake runners.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
championgt1
Finally got my car started today and while trying to diagnois a hunting idle issue Kevin noticed that the intake runners were hot. The car was idiling about 10 minutes. They were hot to the touch and you could not keep your hand resting on them. The motor is pretty much a stock 2.0 djet if that makes a difference.

So, how hot do intake runners get?
underthetire
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jul 27 2009, 09:59 PM) *

Finally got my car started today and while trying to diagnois a hunting idle issue Kevin noticed that the intake runners were hot. The car was idiling about 10 minutes. They were hot to the touch and you could not keep your hand resting on them. The motor is pretty much a stock 2.0 djet if that makes a difference.

So, how hot do intake runners get?

Next to the head or next to the plenum? Mine get to 140 next to the plenum. Will get hotter if your not moving.
championgt1
The entire runner. Near the head or the plenum about the same temp. 140 degrees sounds about right. I can touch them but not for long. Guess I just never noticed.

BTW you are answering all of my questions today. Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Jul 27 2009, 10:16 PM) *

The entire runner. Near the head or the plenum about the same temp. 140 degrees sounds about right. I can touch them but not for long. Guess I just never noticed.

BTW you are answering all of my questions today. Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif

BTW, guess i have no life !
tat2dphreak
yes, he's been assigned to you today to boost his post-whore numbers smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.