Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Steering Wheel bearing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RiqueMar
Looking for the bearing that goes under the gas tank inside that plastic boot.
Tom_T
Many of these parts are still available new from Performance Products, Pelican, AutoAtlanta, etc.

I know that this steering wheel bearing is still available at PP, plus you can get 15-20% off on their weekly specials if you time it right!

Do you really want to tear out the tank etc. in a few years if a used bearing goes bad!? confused24.gif

In my case for critical running gear parts - I'd rather replace new bearings, bushings, etc. now with new if/when needed, to get another 30+ years of service out of them - rather than buying someone else's problems! smile.gif
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 28 2009, 01:00 PM) *

Many of these parts are still available new from Performance Products, Pelican, AutoAtlanta, etc.

I know that this steering wheel bearing is still available at PP, plus you can get 15-20% off on their weekly specials if you time it right!

Do you really want to tear out the tank etc. in a few years if a used bearing goes bad!? confused24.gif

In my case for critical running gear parts - I'd rather replace new bearings, bushings, etc. now with new if/when needed, to get another 30+ years of service out of them - rather than buying someone else's problems! smile.gif

I completely agree, but when I called Pelican earlier, they where out of stock.

I found a new one anyway though out of luck earlier
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.