Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCA El Toro Sunday 8/9
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
yeahmag
Just signed up. This will be my first time trying a PCA event. Anybody else gonna be there?

-Aaron
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Jul 28 2009, 04:00 PM) *

Just signed up. This will be my first time trying a PCA event. Anybody else gonna be there?

-Aaron

I'm going to watch and take pictures.
yeahmag
Awesome! Be sure to reintroduce yourself!
6freak
Thats a great place for an AX ..Massive... I was there during the WCR09 and was do`n 1.36.XX laps ..
jim_hoyland
A few pics of Aaron at El Toro Sunday.
yeahmag
Had a blast! Ended up getting down in to the 85's. The car definitely has more in it too... Evan Fullerton was a great instructor.
brilliantrot
Easy to be a good instructor when you have a fantastic student. You beat 90% of the late model stock 911s blink.gif Proves yet again 914>911 as a performance driving tool. Now why is it that I want one again laugh.gif

Evan
yeahmag
I was just looking at SC's on CraigsList... Man. I want one. Car #7/#17 (dual driver) - an old, orange 911 really pulled at my heart strings. Don't think it was the fastest thing out there, but it was so good looking.
brilliantrot
If you are looking a SCs I would look at 87-89 Carreras as the g50 trans is soooo much nicer and real fuel injection beats CIS hands down. I have herd some stories on difficulties getting SCs through SMOG as well. Another car to look for would be a pre 76 car with a motor swap. I like the idea of a 3.2 or 3.6 in a smog exempt car. My dad has a 3.0 in his 75 911 and it is a hoot. I just want modern suspension and abs which can be found in 964s.
J P Stein
QUOTE(brilliantrot @ Aug 10 2009, 12:35 PM) *

Easy to be a good instructor when you have a fantastic student. You beat 90% of the late model stock 911s blink.gif Proves yet again 914>911 as a performance driving tool. Now why is it that I want one again laugh.gif

Evan

So.....buy my car & never have to finish 2nd again.
It might really be fast iff'n you get Brad's help with it. biggrin.gif
brilliantrot
Not spending $25k for a car with no windshield av-943.gif I already have the 4 cylinder street legal version of your car and it is far to much work for a college student to race. I drove a dead stock 964 on street tires at the event as well and it was only 8 second slower than my car and only 2 when I had my 10 year old practice tires on. With a bit of tweeting I think a 964 could be an awesome duel purpose car but who know, all I know was it was a hoot to drive and soooo much fun to left foot brake. Need someone to buy my car before I start planning my next car so I guess we are in similar boats at this point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.