Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOT: WTF is a 'Tire Knocker'?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Found this 'Tire Knocker' while browsing HF.

Ummmm...... it's a baseball bat with a light?

IPB Image
tat2dphreak
dad used to drive a truck...

in lieu of a tire gauge... or a weapon... it fills each role. biggrin.gif
KELTY360
Truckers use it to check the inflation of their tires. They can tell from the thunk whether the pressure is right. Kind of like picking out a watermelon.

I'm sure there will be other equally plausible explanations. smile.gif
orange914
for class A checking of the tires... or an equalizer livin' in oakland stirthepot.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jul 29 2009, 01:23 AM) *

for class A checking of the tires... or an equalizer livin' in oakland stirthepot.gif

don't bring a bat to a gun-fight...
EdwardBlume
my mom would just pull over and find a stick on the side of the road to beat me with..... chair.gif
McMark
Night baseball anyone? All we need are some glow in the dark bases.
Mikey914
Works an airplanes too. I used to take the emergency pump handle to thump the tires. You can't tell if one is not inflated as the other holds it up.
Hammy
QUOTE(McMark @ Jul 28 2009, 11:31 PM) *

Night baseball anyone? All we need are some glow in the dark bases.

Now you're gettin somewhere.....

That'd be one insanely dangerous crazy ball game shades.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(orange914 @ Jul 28 2009, 10:23 PM) *

Sorry Mike. That isn't going to equalize anything in Oakland unless your having a fight with a nun and all she's packin' is a ruler. ar15.gif
Ian Stott
You can actually tell if a tire is not at the proper pressure by the sound, inside duals are difficult to check with a gauge. Just to let the general public know if a tire doesn't sound right, you get the gauge out, a tire whacker is just the quick test. Most truckers are quite conscientious about checking tires as it is a pain to have a flat and it costs you time which equals money. A good set of tires on a tractor will set you back $5,000.00 so you have a vested interest in looking after them.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
orange914
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 29 2009, 09:33 AM) *

QUOTE(orange914 @ Jul 28 2009, 10:23 PM) *

Sorry Mike. That isn't going to equalize anything in Oakland unless your having a fight with a nun and all she's packin' is a ruler. ar15.gif

tell me about it! i worked at a sprinkler fab shop on 98th for 3.5 years in the early 80's ar15.gif gunner.gif fighting19.gif tunez.gif zorro.gif pirate.gif splat.gif chair.gif blowtorch.gif drunk.gif yikes.gif gayfight.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.