Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just got Wild 6 back from the painter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wild 6
After 5+ years it was finally time to redo the car:

Click to view attachment
I decided to paint the front bumper black and carry through the front stripe. The fuel door turned out much better than I expected - and it really works too.

Click to view attachment
I removed the wing, but re-did the sail panels since they look good with the design.

Click to view attachment
I painted the mirrors to match the black metalic.
r_towle
I love the whole thing...good eye.

Rich
rick 918-S
Very nice! aktion035.gif

Post a before pic! thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Porcharu
Sweet - love the 'flow' and the colors. The wheels look great with paint.
Steve
Wild 6
I have added some "before" pictures. Wild 6 has always been a workhorse - competing in events for over 20 years between 3 different drivers. In the last 5 years, it was involved in 4 track incidents - people used to joke that maybe I needed to add a target sign to the paint scheme. It was getting kind of tough to look at with all the track rash so I had it redone over the summer. I hope it doesn't offend the purists.
For those who don't know, Wild 6 is powered by a 3.6L 993 motor, 915/Wevo box and 996TT brakes.

Click to view attachment
///
Click to view attachment
///
Click to view attachment
///

JRust
Nicely done! biggrin.gif
Wild 6
More before pics:
Click to view attachment
///
Click to view attachment
///
Click to view attachment
jimkelly
damn dog - that is off the fa-schi-zal : )
jt914-6
What's the name brand of the wheels/model? What size? 17/18?
championgt1
Very nice! Love the choice of colors. aktion035.gif
tat2dphreak
wow, that is fuckin nice!
Wild 6
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Jul 29 2009, 07:15 PM) *

What's the name brand of the wheels/model? What size? 17/18?

The wheels are 17" Fikse FM10. They are available from several sources.
turboman808
beautiful car
geniusanthony
Very pretty car. You done good.
Mountain914
That looks mighty fine !! smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Bob
"I" always thought it was a wiid ride....
MoveQik
Andy, the car looks great! Good to see you posting again. Care to join us in CO in September? beerchug.gif
PeeGreen 914
I think your car looks like a Car of The Month car beerchug.gif
Chris Pincetich
schweeeeet beerchug.gif
I plan to do the fuel door mod for my weekend racin 914, can you share the details on where you got that one? If it is proven, looks that smooth, I see a winner.
gregrobbins
3.6L 993 motor too. Truly a WILD6. Looks good Andy!
markb
I really like how it came out. pray.gif
ghuff
If the germans ever built a car to totally and utterly humiliate the 6.6l trans am during the 1970s they would paint it like this.

It would decimate that car in any sort of motorsports competition and looks twenty times better.

I love it.
Wild 6
QUOTE(ChrisNPDrider @ Jul 29 2009, 09:41 PM) *

schweeeeet beerchug.gif
I plan to do the fuel door mod for my weekend racin 914, can you share the details on where you got that one? If it is proven, looks that smooth, I see a winner.

The fuel door is for a Dodge Ram pickup:
http://www.solidbydesign.com/sbd/productde...px?fuelDoorID=3

We did do very slight slight modifications.
Wild 6
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Jul 29 2009, 09:05 PM) *

Andy, the car looks great! Good to see you posting again. Care to join us in CO in September? beerchug.gif

Hi Mike,
I am behind the times. What's happening in CO?
SUNAB914
Great looking car!
sixnotfour
"I" always thought it was a wiid ride....

Mike Z is this your old Rocket ?
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Jul 30 2009, 01:14 AM) *

schweeeeet beerchug.gif

Very nice ride.... aktion035.gif

Can you give some more detail on the modifications you did to the fuel tank or maybe just a shot with the hood open?

-- Rob
JoeSharp
Thanks Andy, Carerror is in need of a gas cap cover.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Jul 29 2009, 05:18 PM) *

After 5+ years it was finally time to redo the car:

smilie_pokal.gif
Wild 6
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jul 30 2009, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Jul 30 2009, 01:14 AM) *

schweeeeet beerchug.gif

-- Rob

Can you give some more detail on the modifications you did to the fuel tank or maybe just a shot with the hood open?

The fuel door normally takes nuts, bolts and screws to mount to the intended Dodge truck. You will need to find countersunk screws with nuts to mount to the 914 hood. That's the only mod. I have removed the fuel expansion tank since it is just extra weight on a track car. Pic below:

Click to view attachment
Andyrew
I remember seeing the car go around an autox in dublin about 7-10 years ago!!!!

I was young at the time, 10-13..
Wild 6
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jul 30 2009, 06:18 PM) *

I remember seeing the car go around an autox in dublin about 7-10 years ago!!!!

I was young at the time, 10-13..

The car was first owned by Alan T, a dentist in Phoenix. It was then sold to Toby O in the Bay area - who autocrossed it for several years. When Tobi moved to Hawaii, I bought it from him and returned it to Phoenix in September of 2003.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Jul 30 2009, 07:58 PM) *

-- Rob

The fuel door normally takes nuts, bolts and screws to mount to the intended Dodge truck. You will need to find countersunk screws with nuts to mount to the 914 hood. That's the only mod. I have removed the fuel expansion tank since it is just extra weight on a track car. Pic below:

Thank you very much.... great idea and clean installation....

So, would you recommend or not this installation on a weekend/DE car?

-- Rob
I saw this Wild Six in Fontana event this year and YES it's WILD..

Congrats!
Wild 6
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Jul 31 2009, 05:47 AM) *

QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Jul 30 2009, 07:58 PM) *

-- Rob

Thank you very much.... great idea and clean installation....

So, would you recommend or not this installation on a weekend/DE car?

-- Rob

The upsdie: The fuel door makes it easier to put gas in the car.
The downside: It also makes easier to dribble fuel on the the paint.

If you are repainting the hood, the mod is a "no brainer" since you don't have to worry scratching the hood while cutting the hole.
SGB
Wicked!

Love the detailing

beer.gif
Randal
QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Jul 29 2009, 06:48 PM) *

I have added some "before" pictures. Wild 6 has always been a workhorse - competing in events for over 20 years between 3 different drivers. In the last 5 years, it was involved in 4 track incidents - people used to joke that maybe I needed to add a target sign to the paint scheme. It was getting kind of tough to look at with all the track rash so I had it redone over the summer. I hope it doesn't offend the purists.
For those who don't know, Wild 6 is powered by a 3.6L 993 motor, 915/Wevo box and 996TT brakes.

Click to view attachment
///
Click to view attachment
///
Click to view attachment
///

Great car and it looks fantastic. Paint scheme really works.

Actually one of the first 6 conversations, done by Bontempi at High Performance House, if I remember correctly.

Lots of TTOD at GGR when we were still running in Dublin.
RON S.

Beautiful, thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif

Luv those Fikse's.

Ron
Chris Pincetich
Thanks for sharing the fuel door link and photo beerchug.gif
My front lid is secured by 4 pins, and if I can reduce the hassle of dealing with them I am stoked. You gotta see me at the pump; holding the hose way away from the fender, letting the nozzle drip dry for a minute, then down with the prop rod and on with the hood pins...whew! driving.gif
Ferg
Can't wait to see it in person at RRC!!
db9146
Nice looking car...I really like the paint scheme!!! The addition of black to the bumpers does it!.

Dee
Wild 6
QUOTE(Randal @ Jul 31 2009, 07:56 AM) *

QUOTE(Wild 6 @ Jul 29 2009, 06:48 PM) *

Click to view attachment
///
Click to view attachment
///
Click to view attachment
///

Great car and it looks fantastic. Paint scheme really works.

Actually one of the first 6 conversations, done by Bontempi at High Performance House, if I remember correctly.

Lots of TTOD at GGR when we were still running in Dublin.

It's not a conversion. It's an original 914-6. The car was updated to a 3.3L in Phoenix and later a 3.6L at Bauer in Oakland. It was also the prototype car for the very first Wevo 915 sideshifter.
J P Stein
Well, Andy, are you coming to the Shoot Out? 914 AX bragging rights for the West Coast are on the line. biggrin.gif
Wild 6
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 1 2009, 11:48 AM) *

Well, Andy, are you coming to the Shoot Out? 914 AX bragging rights for the West Coast are on the line. biggrin.gif

Tempting, but it would be a long drive for an autocross. The car was a really quick AX car before I stiffened it for the track. Now I have to fully loosen the front sway bar just to compete for a local top 5 spot. I would however, show up for a 914 Los Angeles shootout smile.gif
sixaddict
A 100 years ago (1979) a guy in Portland O PCA had one that looked just like this ....Bob Caspell or something close...I still have a newsletter wit ha picture if it because it was so cool.....Might not be the same one but equally striking. TOT
AZ914
Looks great Andy!
jt914-6
Andy....Are the wheels one or three piece? How wide are they? Do you have steel or fiberglass flares???? Also, what size tires are you using and what brand?
Wild 6
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Aug 9 2009, 06:52 AM) *

Andy....Are the wheels one or three piece? How wide are they? Do you have steel or fiberglass flares???? Also, what size tires are you using and what brand?

The Fikse wheels are three piece. I'm not sure of the sizes (because my car is at my building so I can't go out and measure them), but I think the fronts are 8 1/2" and the rears are 10". I run Toyo RA1 tires - 235 x 17 front and 255 or 275 x 17 on the rear.
computers4kids
Very well done...great attention to detail! Love the paint scheme. smilie_pokal.gif
nsr-jamie
Thats an incredible car! Now I see why your name is wild 6!! Cheers!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.