Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off Topic: Pics from the North American Auto Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
I just got back from the North American International Auto Show. Here are some pics I thought the group might like. Remember the Porsche 944 golf ball shagger from Monster Garage?
Curvie Roadlover
The working end
Curvie Roadlover
The new Saleen
Brad Roberts
Nothing off topic here. We are all car guy's in some form or fashion.

B
Curvie Roadlover
Fords new GT 40:
Curvie Roadlover
Ferrari's "Enzo"
Curvie Roadlover
Business end of the GT 40
Curvie Roadlover
Front end of the "Enzo" modeled after the front of the F1 car
Curvie Roadlover
I used to think that if I had UNLIMITED funds, my car would be a McLaren F1, but after seeing the Enzo up close.......well....I guess with unlimited funds I'd have a big enough garage for both, and a 914, of course.
Jeroen
That GT40 is really cool!
...but that "enzo" thing?
barf.gif
That 944 is even looking less ricey...

Thanks for the pics!

Cheers,

Jeroen
Mueller
are you saying you don't like the Enzo??

that is one bad mutha f'r devil.gif

i'd give my left nut for one.......
Jeroen
Ferrari's are crappy cars made for hairdressers!

biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
Brad Roberts
I found the only other person who thinks Ferrari's suck. They look great on the outside, are constructed terribly. I have seen many in the body shops... YUCK.

B
Mueller
Are you diss'n my childhood heros car? ar15.gif

IPB Image
vortrex
I want to be a hairdresser then!
Brad Roberts
Both of you are FAGS. LOL

I love being able to say anything we want. Just that fact makes me smile when readin the posts on here.

B
DuckRyder
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ Jan 9 2003, 01:57 PM)
Fords new GT 40:

NOW THAT IS A CAR
vortrex
LOL at fords.
Mueller
LOL at fords
say's Vortrex

This from a person that drives a Land Rover??? barf.gif

(test drove a few Disco II's until I wised up smile.gif )
DuckRyder
*cough*lolatlandrovers*cough**cough*butfordownsthemtoo*cough* boldblue.gif
vortrex
hah. I am in a '95 disco I 3.9 liter, much worse than a disco II!

BUT, at least this truck will make it to 150k miles no problem. can fords make it to 80k these days? biggrin.gif

only ford I owned was a '78 granada that I bought for $20 to get me by while my super beetle was getting painted. drove it for 2 weeks with no problems, then trashed it in a field baja'ing. left it there and by the time I got back to look at it someone ripped the doors off and dumped house paint all over it. LOL.
Mueller
just turned 95k miles on my '01 F150 S'crew, had to replace the alt and battery a few weeks ago before my drive down to New Orleans....not too bad biggrin.gif

I guess the Disco/Land Rover is sorta related to the 914 since the Old's aluminum V8 is a semi-popular swap motor
L8Apex
Just came back from the SJ auto show, they had the Cayenne Turbo there. Interesting car.
Jeroen
Brad wrote: "I found the only other person who thinks Ferrari's suck. They look great on the outside, are constructed terribly. I have seen many in the body shops... YUCK"

Yeah, a client of mine has one in his shop (I think it's a 550) that he's repairing from a serious rear/side impact.
He got all original Ferrari-factory replacement parts for it. Not ONE of them fit on the car without major adjustments of the parts!!!
He called with the place where he got the parts from to complain about it and ask if these were replica parts. The salesrep told him: "no sir, these are original parts, and yes, you're right, they never fit..."

Cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.