Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roadglue IHOP breakfast, 3/03
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
Full-size ones are available upon request. It might take a day or three to get them to you...

Pic 1, Aaaaahndy snapping pics of his newly-reclothed baby.
Dave_Darling
The tail of said baby.
Dave_Darling
Rich's 3.0 Six and Mike Scott's "1.8".
Dave_Darling
Mike's car and Bowlsby's white 2.0.
Dave_Darling
The Brazil-special 914. (I hate myself for forgetting the owner's name!!) The rear deck lid is yellow... "In celebration of Brazil winning the world cup. And the primer is because I think they're primed to do it again!!" lol2.gif
Dave_Darling
Four, count 'em, four teeners in a row!
Dave_Darling
Tony C, in a 2001 914-6...
Dave_Darling
Four teeners from the other direction...
Dave_Darling
Mmmmmm... Look at all the metal flake!! Believe it or not, that's a Maaco paint job. (Not your average Maaco, but still!!)
Dave_Darling
Original six, now with an injected (factory DME) 3.2 engine. Yum yum!!!
Dave_Darling
Did Jeroen contribute this?? (Check the sticker!)
Dave_Darling
Carl and Meredith, slumming again... wink.gif
Dave_Darling
Anthony's now-infamous rack. wink.gif
Dave_Darling
Br@d, showing off his hard-earned muscles.
Dave_Darling
Kieth Sammons and his car. (Sorry about the shadows.)
Dave_Darling
Mike and his son take off...
Dave_Darling
And the last pic--the "drug dealer" wheels from Bowlsby's new parts car.

As always, it was great to see everyone, and even better to put faces to some of the email addresses and BBS aliases. I'm looking forward to the next one!

--DD

(PS--IHOP is a helluva lot better than Mickey D's, I think!)
jonwatts
Hey, I recognize those wheels, and I wondered where that car on the corner of Bird and Alma went to. I agree it was a parts car. A good parts car, but still a parts car.
Carl
"Carl and Meredith, slumming again ..."

Dave, I know it's tough to point that camera at anything that'll pass the big butt test, but hey, a guy's got to have something to drive during the week and not ALL of us can have Hondas. Next time we'll bring the other car and it'll be more in keeping with this august group.

It was a good gathering, even if Andy didn't fess up about the wedding plans. I'm disappointed, my invitation must've gotten lost in the mail. And Shannon wasn't at the breakfast. She must have been home making the pettifores for the reception.

I'd appreciate the hi-res version of the photo if you can email it.

Thx,
Carl
L8Apex
Br@d, showing off his hard-earned muscles.

clap56.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif mueba.gif clap56.gif

Somehow reminds me of a stereotypical NASCAR driver.
Brad Roberts
Hey Carl..

Will you let Porsche young guy's date Meredith ??? LOL

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Carl @ Apr 3 2003, 10:00 PM)
I'm disappointed, my invitation must've gotten lost in the mail.  And Shannon wasn't at the breakfast.  She must have been home making the pettifores for the reception.

no, we did not forget about you cool.gif

we haven't had our reception party yet!
we wanted to keep the actual wedding as low-key as possible,
which worked out just fine ...
as soon as we have a party-date, i will post it here ...
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 3 2003, 11:23 PM)

knowing you guys, i would urge Carl to say NO! laugh.gif
Lawrence
Andy's car is awesome. Previous pictures didn't do it justice.

Heyyyy... who's Meredith? cool.gif

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
Carl Cilker (blue 914/6 and NOW a Carrera) has a little HOTTIE for a 18 year old daughter (might be 19) now. It has to kill him to shoot all the guy's following her around...LOL

And.... she likes 914's...

She will shoot me for this pic.. but its the only one I can think of.. DaveD probably shot 50 or so of her during the breakfast..LOL LOL

B
Brad Roberts
If only I was:

1. Younger
2. Less fat
3. Single
4. attractive..LOL

You get the point.

B
Brad Roberts
Dont think you got away with it Terrance...

I saw DD getting ready to shoot the pic so I stuck the belly out as far I could.. trying to catch up with Mike Mueller and Jon Watts.

B
Lawrence
Hmmm... 19 is fine with me. I could get her a fake ID. ;-)

-Rusty
Brad Roberts
Carl reads this... my ass is grass. ar15.gif ar15.gif

I can see it now: "Yeah Carl used to like me before I made rude comments about his daughter"

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Apr 4 2003, 10:58 AM)
Andy's car is awesome. Previous pictures didn't do it justice.

yeah, my camera had problems picking up the color. dave's pictures look more, hum, real ?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Apr 4 2003, 11:20 AM)
I can see it now: "Yeah Carl used to like me before I made rude comments about his daughter"

hey, there's nothing wrong about having a beautiful daughter!

mine is 13 1/2 now and i don't even want to know what she is doing (well, sort of, i'm sure every dad here understands what i mean wink.gif )
jonwatts
Andy, if you didn't invite any of us to the wedding at least you could post a picture of yourself in the powder blue tuxedo.

Brad, what part of fat, dumb, and happy don't you understand?
Brad Roberts
I said" "I'm trying to catch up"

I'm already dumb... just aiming for fat and happy (it cant be too bad... I know lots of people fat and happy)

I'm with you my brother..

B
Carl

Brad, WHAT young Porsche guys? I didn't see many at IHOP last week. All I saw was some young-guy wanna-be in a white t-shirt with his gut hanging over his belt. The glory days are just about over, my friend, and you'll fade into the crowd of has-beens like the rest of us.

Meredith makes her own decisions in the guy department. I learned long ago that I can't influence those choices. sad.gif

For someone who wanted to keep the wedding low-key, Andy did a great job. Now, for the social event of the summer, the Andy and Shannon reception. I can see it now ... chaffeur driven 914's pulling up to the country club, the freshly trimmed Mohawk and nicely pressed t-shirt. White wedding cake and jello-mold 914's. It'll make all the papers.

I'm checking my mailbox, Andy!

Carl
Brad Roberts
Carl,

I'm already trying to fade in. Tony the fabricator is 24. Is that too old ?

B
Mockmaw
Is there a date set for the next breakfast? I'd like to finally get out to one of these.
Brad Roberts
WE.. (not just Roadglue) hold one the last Saturday of every month (Except Dec. and Jan.)

B
Mockmaw
Means I just missed the last one... so the next one will be 4/26?

If all continues to go well, I'll have my car up here.
Brad Roberts
Technically.. there should be one...BUT the SSI swap meet is on Sunday the 27th... so I would suggest having breakfast up here on Sunday. Jeff Bowlsby heads this up normally. Hopefully he will read this and think about it.

B
JeffBowlsby
Good idea for a Sunday breakfast but...our breakfasts go for a couple of hours...there wouldn't be time enough for the swap meet...

But its OK by me if it works better for everyone else to do it Sunday the 27th...I can't make the swap. Maybe we skip the breakfast this month because of the swap?

Let me know.
Brad Roberts
Ahhh come on ?? The wiring harness guru has to pass up a oppurtunity to show off the product ??

Your kid wont get mad if you miss a soccer game

The minister wont be mad if you miss church "just this once"

B
L8Apex
Brad. LoL. either way, someone's gonna fighting19.gif ar15.gif for your dirty comments on the chick.

You should have seen the Kirkey seat that came with Uncle Joe's GT2. It had to be big enough for Van Zannis and still have room for someone else.
JeffBowlsby
The wiring harness guru has to pass up a oppurtunity to show off the product ??

Your kid wont get mad if you miss a soccer game

I would really like to be the at the SSI party Brad...more than you know, but Sunday is the only day of the week I reserve for my family. As much as they let me play with the 914, thats their day.

So do want me to promote the 9:14 breakfast for the 27th...I need the name of a place up there...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.