Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: injector?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
injector ..how do they stay on? my 1973 1.7 injector just pulled right off?
can any one point me to a post or something that can show me how to repair/reinstall
maybe a photo or some thing?
blitZ
There should be a circular clamp holding it down. Did it break off?
oldschool
QUOTE(blitZ @ Jul 30 2009, 05:43 AM) *

There should be a circular clamp holding it down. Did it break off?

confused24.gif could be.
jsayre914
the round clamps fasten with a nut, and hold the large rubber washer on the injector
jsayre914
another
zymurgist
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Jul 30 2009, 03:43 PM) *

the round clamps fasten with a nut, and hold the large rubber washer on the injector

There should also be a smaller washer on the end of the injector.

If your hose came off the injector, I would suggest 2 things:

1. Get metric FI hose... if I remember correctly, the 914 uses 7mm fuel hose, and 5/16" is just about 8mm so it will probably leak.
2. Get proper FI clamps rather than worm type clamps.
oldschool
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 30 2009, 01:41 PM) *

1. Get metric FI hose... if I remember correctly, the 914 uses 7mm fuel hose, and 5/16" is just about 8mm so it will probably leak.

yeah the injector just pulled right off and 2 round washers came with it.
were do I get the right clamp ?
oldschool
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 30 2009, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Jul 30 2009, 01:41 PM) *

icon_bump.gif can't figure out how the injector stays in her place? I pulled the one next to it and saw the round rubber washer,is that all that holds it?
hcdmueller
Here is a couple pictures of my intake I am getting ready to install for SDS injection.

Hopefully it will give you an idea of how it goes. The large rubber seal goes in the groove around the outside of the injector and the clamp fits around the seal to hold the injector in place. The clamp and the big rubber seal is the only thing holding the injector in
oldschool
QUOTE(hcdmueller @ Jul 31 2009, 02:37 AM) *

Here is a couple pictures of my intake I am getting ready to install for SDS injection.

Hopefully it will give you an idea of how it goes. The large rubber seal goes in the groove around the outside of the injector and the clamp fits around the seal to hold the injector in place. The clamp and the big rubber seal is the only thing holding the injector in

thanks thats best photos yet
zymurgist
QUOTE(oldschool @ Jul 30 2009, 05:19 PM) *

I've bought from busdepot.com in the past... Pelican may have them too. I think it's simply called a "fuel injection hose clamp".
ClayPerrine
Both the FI hose clamps and the injector seals are available at your FLAPS. The injector seals are on the help isle, and you get a bunch of them in the box.

The hose clamps are in a bubble pack on the isle with the hoses. Just ask for them, but make sure you ask for "Fuel injection hose clamps". The last carburetor equipped car was sold in the US in 1985, you still have to specify Fuel Injection hoses and clamps. mad.gif

Pat Garvey
Bus Depot!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.