Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB "2.0" metal emblem..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
detoxcowboy
I am wanting to purchase via paypal, a "2.0" metal emblem. Patina un-important actally the less the better I guess as I am going to have it plated or anodized etc.. Please No gougges dings scratches etc on the face.. and at least 2/3 of mounting prongs left.. thank you..
Tom_T
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Jul 30 2009, 09:56 AM) *

I am wanting to purchase via paypal, a "2.0" metal emblem. Patina un-important actally the less the better I guess as I am going to have it plated or anodized etc.. Please No gougges dings scratches etc on the face.. and at least 2/3 of mounting prongs left.. thank you..

Depending on the year of your 2L & to keep it OE finish, you'd either have it black anodized up to late 73 or 74 MY, when they switched to black painted over the aluminum for 74 MY, then black plastic for 75 (still available new at PP, etc.), then black vinyl adhesive for 76.

I think those are roughly the changeover MY timing, but check it at rennlist or with George Hussey at AA for exact dates/MY & VIN for changeover on your 914-2.0. Here are 2 links on the differing badges by MY:
http://www.p914.com/p914_badges_914.htm
http://www.p914.com/p914_badges_20.htm

Mine is an early 73 2L, so it had black anodized originally, but apparently had a black painted "914" & black plastic "2.0" changed out with my OE ones on my 1983 repaint - arrrgh! sad.gif chair.gif headbang.gif

So I now need to get both the "914" & "2.0" badges in anodized replaced for my resto & empathize with your search! dry.gif

So if there are any other extra 914 &/or 2.0 badges in the black anodized out there - after he gets his - pleez pm me or email pix & prices! smile.gif

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
markb
Like this?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

It was painted black with a brush. No dings or dents.
$25.00 shipped in the CONUS
detoxcowboy
Looks rough under the paint job< thank you though.. To hard to tell and when anodized or plated the flaw will show more so than a hand painted black piece.. joe
SUNAB914
It can be powercoated any color you wish. I did it.
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 3 2009, 06:30 PM) *

I am anodizing or plating in the chrome and my other emblem the euro goes with this is NOS and already done./. any flaws and scratches with be seen, but your right powder coating fills in the whatever is under the rough paint.. etc. I just wanted a used one that was not monkey'ed with untouched and faded off they are fine but when home jobe removal and repaint is involved it is usually done to the acceptability of the doer, and I can tell by the paint job that was low priority,.. but thanks for the input.
detoxcowboy
I just got one from parts heaven thank you all...

I saw this in a german magazine the "914vwporsche" emblem with the "2.0" below it in line of right side on the rear
Tom_T
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Aug 3 2009, 10:13 PM) *

QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Aug 3 2009, 06:30 PM) *

I am anodizing or plating in the chrome and my other emblem the euro goes with this is NOS and already done./. any flaws and scratches with be seen, but your right powder coating fills in the whatever is under the rough paint.. etc. I just wanted a used one that was not monkey'ed with untouched and faded off they are fine but when home jobe removal and repaint is involved it is usually done to the acceptability of the doer, and I can tell by the paint job that was low priority,.. but thanks for the input.

Keep in mind that any metal badge will have to be cleaned to bare metal before re-anodizing the badge. So anything painted would need to be stripped off first - whether painting or anodizing it.

At the same time minor scratches & flaws could probably be burnished off if they're not too deep (not filler - even if painting), similar to what they do when restoring the alloy wheels.

Ergo, you want to see the base condition for your restoration of the badge & the black painted one above makes it hard to tell - especially since it's brush painted!

That begs the question - why did that person not just dip the badge in the paint as they did OE - or why not spray paint it, as both give a smoother & truer finish than even the best brush-work, and why he did not smooth out the scratches & dings before painting with 1000-1500-2000 grit wet-dry?? unsure.gif

What year is your 2.0L 914? confused24.gif
...and is it USA or Euro or other/world spec/sale? confused24.gif

If you're trying to do the "true-to-form" high quality resto on your 914 & these badges, as it sounds, then you'll need to tie down whether the OE rear badges on your car were originally anodized black, painted, plastic or vinyl.

The plating which you mentioned would only apply to gold (anodized), and that was only used on the 1970-72 MY 914s & there were no 2.0's then - just 914-6's with a 2L 6 cyl.). None were chrome plated, although the engine lid "PORSCHE" letters changed from gold anodized to chrome plated in 73 MY (later to chrome-plastic 75-76 & part of 74 MYs I think).

By 1973 MY - when the 2.0 first appeared, they'd switched to black anodized, then to black painted (74 MY), then black plastic (75 MY), then black vinyl stick-ons for 76 MY (as I noted in a prior post).

I'm confused as to what you're trying to do with these vis-a-vis whatever your MY 914 is & whether or not a 2.0 or conversion or??????? blink.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Aug 3 2009, 10:18 PM) *

I just got one from parts heaven thank you all...

I saw this in a german magazine the "914vwporsche" emblem with the "2.0" below it in line of right side on the rear

I was under the impression that the non-USA 914s didn't use the 1.7, 1.8 & 2.0 rear badges at all - only in the USA & Canada!? confused24.gif ...maybe the pic you saw was a custom job? idea.gif

Maybe someone out there more familiar with the Euro 914s OE fitment could jump in here and clarify this? confused24.gif ...any CW officianados lurking? poke.gif
Tom_T
Perrin - read this fyi re. Euro badging:
http://www.p914.com/p914_badges_euro.htm
detoxcowboy
Don't worry yourself tom, it is not concourse nor factory,.. cover or glossy in a german magazine.. There is a second sweep hand on my clock too.. not a historical trophy vision but tastefull and stock..
Tom_T
QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Aug 4 2009, 06:30 AM) *

Don't worry yourself tom, it is not concourse nor factory,.. cover or glossy in a german magazine.. There is a second sweep hand on my clock too.. not a historical trophy vision but tastefull and stock..

Okay, sounds interesting too.
Hopefully we'll see it around when you've got 'er up-n-runnin'! smile.gif
detoxcowboy
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 4 2009, 11:26 AM) *

QUOTE(perrin1097 @ Aug 4 2009, 06:30 AM) *

Okay, sounds interesting too.
Hopefully we'll see it around when you've got 'er up-n-runnin'! smile.gif

Oh my car runs Tommy, I take it to Santa Cruz Sanata Barbara and San Francisco, I would Drive To New York form So. Cal. and not even worry If I would Make it.. I would Not be doing more custom badge work if I had not seen the pistons yet.. Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.