Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blaupunkt San Francisco help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
OK, so the new 914 has a Blaupunkt San Francisco SQR 28 model casstte deck.

I had to put a battery in the car when I bought it and now radio reads CODE

I have the code, and have looked everywhere on how to enter it but nothing is working. Supposedly once it says code you should be able to hit preset #1 and 4 zeros should appear, then using the 1-4 presets enter the code.

That's sorta the generic way I read online on how to do it, but it does not work for me. I cannot get 0000 to appear.

Anybody perhaps have this radio that can share some info?

TIA

Ferg.
r_towle
Based upon the name of the radio....maybe you need to use your pinky?
gayfight.gif
DiamondD
QUOTE(Ferg @ Jul 30 2009, 08:16 PM) *

OK, so the new 914 has a Blaupunkt San Francisco SQR 28 model casstte deck.

I had to put a battery in the car when I bought it and now radio reads CODE

I have the code, and have looked everywhere on how to enter it but nothing is working. Supposedly once it says code you should be able to hit preset #1 and 4 zeros should appear, then using the 1-4 presets enter the code.

That's sorta the generic way I read online on how to do it, but it does not work for me. I cannot get 0000 to appear.

Anybody perhaps have this radio that can share some info?

TIA

Ferg.

Ferg,

Dean here. I got it figured out. I found this site: http://forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewforum.ph...8e7040b4a671e23 and explained what was going on. A guy there said to try preset 5 or 6. I held down 6 to get the 0000 flashing, entered the code and held preset 5 to enter it. Voila! I have tunes.

I also got plates on the car, so I will get yours in the mail as soon as I can make it to the P.O.

Dean
Gint
Ferg sold out! Cat's outa the bag now.
Sleepin
Jeez Ferg! Just can't hold on to a car can you! lol-2.gif

It also only took Dean about 8 hours of ownership to figure out the radio code....hmmm...
DiamondD
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 08:34 PM) *

Jeez Ferg! Just can't hold on to a car can you! lol-2.gif

It also only took Dean about 8 hours of ownership to figure out the radio code....hmmm...

You guys leave Ferg alone! He's alright by me!

Thought about giving you a call today Eric, but figured you'd be working. Took a little drive to Gateway this afternoon. Man the 914 was designed for the twisties! driving.gif

Loving this car!

Dean
Gint
It was good to meet Saturday Dean. And that's a pretty fine 914. driving.gif Grats!
DiamondD
QUOTE(Gint @ Nov 30 2009, 09:39 PM) *

It was good to meet Saturday Dean. And that's a pretty fine 914. driving.gif Grats!

Thanks Gint! Nice to meet you too.

Dean
Sleepin
I would have much rather spent the day cruising down 141 than all the meetings I had today! Glad you are liking it! We are going to have to take a spin one of these weekends!

You need to start posting some pics up...seems hardly anyone has seen that car! biggrin.gif
Ferg
Dean, that's great news, I feel somewhat like a dummy for not figuring the radio code thing out.

Glad you are loving the car. Since I did the exact same drive to gateway in that car, I know the kind of smile that road and car combo produces driving.gif aktion035.gif

beerchug.gif

Ferg
DiamondD
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 30 2009, 10:40 PM) *

Dean, that's great news, I feel somewhat like a dummy for not figuring the radio code thing out.

Glad you are loving the car. Since I did the exact same drive to gateway in that car, I know the kind of smile that road and car combo produces driving.gif aktion035.gif

beerchug.gif

Ferg

If you check that link out, you will see that there are apparently people there that feel the same way about stereo codes as people here do about 914s. That is some strange business there. confused24.gif

I do need to get back on there and thank the guy though. Amazing what a couple CONSTANT hours of Google can produce.

Eric,

I'm back to work tomorrow, but I'll take some pics and get them posted soonest. Insurance lady had to take some pics of the car this morning and wanted me to pose next to it with my shirt off. It was a little cold so I declined! lol-2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.