Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COTM Tie Breaker
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Okay, Aug 1. 10:16 am we will call a winner, even if it's just by one vote.

Car #1
IPB Image

Car #2
IPB Image

Car #3
IPB Image
914_teener
aktion035.gif

Just cool ....light ivory on black. Great picture. Look forward to seeing more.
PeeGreen 914
I sure hope your little comment isn't your undoing Mike sad.gif

"Really!!Im start`n to think those others are garage queers#1,2,4 ! oh i meant queens "
914_teener
"Really!!Im start`n to think those others are garage queers#1,2,4 ! oh i meant queens "

confused24.gif WTF.gif
PeeGreen 914
He was trying to be funny and joke dry.gif . He has a humor that if it were in person you would laugh. Unfortunatly, most of you don't know him and it comes off way wrong chair.gif . He does have a nice car and we know he autoXes it. These other cars are just as worthy of the win even if they do just sit in a garage though I'm guessing they don't.
914_teener
Gotcha.... no offense taken. Inside humor. flag.gif popcorn[1].gif
bbrown
Gas Burners, please.
'73-914kid
Red, white and blue...
a hard choice. I'm a red guy, and i love adriatic blue, but a white 2.0 with 5-lug gas burners just look sweet. White for me..
dw914er
mmmm

mahle's wub.gif

though, Mike's red 6 is beautiful too
Sleepin
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 31 2009, 01:03 PM) *

He was trying to be funny and joke dry.gif . He has a humor that if it were in person you would laugh. Unfortunatly, most of you don't know him and it comes off way wrong chair.gif . He does have a nice car and we know he autoXes it. These other cars are just as worthy of the win even if they do just sit in a garage though I'm guessing they don't.

Asshat! mad.gif biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
all 3 are awesome, I had to go with #1 tho... the pic could be on a sales poster for the 914.
ericread
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 31 2009, 02:10 PM) *

all 3 are awesome, I had to go with #1 tho... the pic could be on a sales poster for the 914.

confused24.gif

#1 has dual exhaust and incorrect wheels to be on a sales poster. Yeah, it looks cool, but definitely not a "sales poster" type of car. Now #3, it looks more like a "sales poster" car.

So to clear up your confusion, I voted for #3! happy11.gif

Eric
sww914
I haven't seen a sales poster for a 914 in a Porsche dealer for awhile, in fact, I haven't seen a Porsche dealer for awhile. I voted for the one I like best. I don't mind imposters at all. I even try to get my wife to pretend that she is someone else from time to time.
6freak
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Jul 31 2009, 11:49 AM) *

I sure hope your little comment isn't your undoing Mike sad.gif

..People have to know i was just poke`n fun and trying to get more pix out there..I`m stoked just to be nominated..soo I guess we will see soon ...good luck to all.....I think next time dont show the vote counts tell the end jmo
PeeGreen 914

QUOTE(sww914 @ Jul 31 2009, 02:39 PM) *

I haven't seen a sales poster for a 914 in a Porsche dealer for awhile, in fact, I haven't seen a Porsche dealer for awhile. I voted for the one I like best. I don't mind imposters at all. I even try to get my wife to pretend that she is someone else from time to time.

lol-2.gif
ConeDodger
Wow! A pristine car with Gas Burners being dissed. You guys are harsh!!! WTF.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(ericread @ Jul 31 2009, 04:23 PM) *

confused24.gif

#1 has dual exhaust and incorrect wheels to be on a sales poster. Yeah, it looks cool, but definitely not a "sales poster" type of car. Now #3, it looks more like a "sales poster" car.

Eric

what I MEANT was the pic was one that looks professionally-staged... as a sales poster would. I KNOW which is as stock-looking to be in a sales poster... but they didn't tell that model "ok, now go look pretty next to a majestic landscape"

which broke the tie for me shades.gif
raw1298
#1 for me. Although all of the choices are are amazing cars.
dw914er
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 31 2009, 03:33 PM) *

QUOTE(ericread @ Jul 31 2009, 04:23 PM) *

confused24.gif

Eric

what I MEANT was the pic was one that looks professionally-staged... as a sales poster would. I KNOW which is as stock-looking to be in a sales poster... but they didn't tell that model "ok, now go look pretty next to a majestic landscape"

which broke the tie for me shades.gif

i agree that that could be a salesposter... it's a great photograph
r_towle
agree.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 31 2009, 02:33 PM) *

I KNOW which is as stock-looking to be in a sales poster...

Euro lenses and US spec side-markers?

Oh the horror!
rolleyes.gif Andy
Pat Garvey
Look, let's be realistic here - any of the three are welcomed in my garage, but.....
Number 1 - nice car - artsy fartsy photo shoot, but it's far from original.
Number 3 - ooohh, makes me get those stirrings! Ya know, like my first girlfiriend - hot, but just a little too much bling.
Numer 2 - this is the one! Slick, original, on the money! Too good to not win!

But then, I'm a CW, so the rest of you may want something not-so-original.

I think that, whoever the 2 that lose should be back on the list for next month because they are all sweet!
Pat
Jerry75914
I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed...but #2 would be the one for me!
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 31 2009, 06:13 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Jul 31 2009, 02:33 PM) *

I KNOW which is as stock-looking to be in a sales poster...

Euro lenses and US spec side-markers?

Oh the horror!
rolleyes.gif Andy

lol, I meant 3 could have been in the original brochure. but #1 would have sold more cars biggrin.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 31 2009, 06:26 PM) *

Numer 2 - this is the one! Slick, original, on the money! Too good to not win!

But then, I'm a CW, so the rest of you may want something not-so-original.

Pat

I went with #2 for a lot of the same reasons Pat mentioned. I have a flared out bastard (which I love) but can appreciate just how hard it is to get and KEEP a car original - which is my goal for the Willow Green '72 project I have.

Cheers!
JRust
Still with #3! Beautiful six to be sure. Love Mike's ride

The other 2 are very nice for sure. Love the burners on both. I like the unpainted pair better. The painted look nice too but I like the stock look better.

Having said all that I would love to see any of them in my garage as my own biggrin.gif
bandjoey
What kind of wheels are on #1?? Cool looking 5 lugs.
Krieger
Wheels on 1 and 2 are the same. I love the look on #1 despite the tailights.
rick 918-S
Man, Just think of the photo of those three together on the Start/Finish at Mazda or someplace! Red, White and Blue drooley.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 31 2009, 05:52 PM) *

Having said all that I would love to see any of them in my garage as my own biggrin.gif

Yeah, like you have any more space in your garage ...
rolleyes.gif Andy
RJMII
QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 31 2009, 07:52 PM) *

That's not saying much, you have two rusted ones in your garage as your own as it is. poke.gif (and you almost bought the 'roadrunner') av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.