Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bit OT: 911 2.0 S dizzy core
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
I have a 2.0 S dizzy, I believe there's a black hardened steel (cam?) plate, under the counterweight, that looks broke. I can push the bits around with a screwdriver tip, the counterweight is flopping. The springs are intact and the shaft is tight. Bit of surface rust (steel body) yellow tag, bosch. #0 231 159 002.

Is it worth anything? I have good idea what a good one is worth and I'm wondering if this is worth anything as a core or parts? Ball park fair price?
see this thread for pics:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...97956&st=20

We already have a replacement (if it passes the sniff test) and it wasn't cheap.

I already have an offer on it (bird board), before I even thought of selling it....I'll give him dibs for now as I "think" it's fair.

If toss it... I'll toss it in my scrap pile, if it's worth something I'll list it.

Thanks
SLITS
0 231 159 002 = 901 602 021 50

That "black plate" is not a plate at all. It is a black plastic(?) slick piece that is glued(?) to the metal plate below it. It is anti-friction material for the advance weights to slide on. Good effin' luck ever finding one.

IPB Image

It's worth whatever you want for it. You don't get your price then keep it. Makes a good paperweight. Parts for early Bosch distributors don't really exist anymore.

I would buy it just for wall art and nostalgia.
Mark Henry
I hear Ya.

A good S dizzy goes for crazy money, good buddy is paying crazy money for the replacement, just like to see if he can get a couple bucks back.

At least enough for a box of beer to cry into....

Wish VW dizzy's were worth that...got a couple of buckets of those.
Mark Henry
I love the Net!

I found the issue and it might be repairable!

The plastic plate can be repaired using a modified 356 part. I got the counterweights to work, now I need to find out why it skipped off.
The two pins that go into the CW`s, One is way shorter than the other...is that right?
r_towle
Mark,
Get on the 356 registry site. There is a guy who rebuilds distributors on that site. His prices are very reasonable and he has all the electronic equipment to verify that the advance curves are correct.

You will have to ask around...I cant remember his name.
Otto's venice also sells rebuilt units and I suspect that he uses this specific vendor..AA probably uses him also.
All he does is rebuild old Bosch distributors.
Guess what...your old box of cores does indeed have value.

find him.

Rich
Mark Henry
Thanks Rich!
Is his name Glenn? He's a mod over on thesamba that does VW dizzy's. I've emailed him.

His web site http://glenn-ring.com/bosch/
r_towle
Looks like the guy I remember.

Good luck and PM me if you find out what he wants for cores...I have a few old old ones here.

Rich
Mark Henry
010 and 019 are gold to the 36hp guys.
Mark Henry
Guy responded fast and the price is real good.

It's $130 to rebuild it assuming it's complete. Missing, broken, badly worn or rusted parts are additional if available.

New Plan now, we are getting the 2.2S dizzy so he can drive now and we will get this 2.0S dizzy rebuilt. We'll try them both with the WB, maybe a couple of dyno pulls, then keep the one we like and flog the other.

Nice part is it looks like I'm driving a 911 for a few weeks. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.