Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Hand brake lever removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
WOODPECKER
I'm trying to remove the hand brake lever. It's useless, as I've updated rear brakes to 914-6 fronts, and it's all rusted out and seized up. Also, it interferes with my new seats. It's got to go.

How does it come out? I've jacked up the car and looked underneath, as well as taken off the rocker panel. No access.

Help, please! smash.gif
PeeGreen 914
Fast way.... Take out the drivers seat... get big wire cutters. Cut the ebrake cables. then undo the bolt that is holding the lever on and it will slide off. May need minor assistance.
CliffBraun
What he said, I went so far as to grind down the spot welds and take the plate out because I was repainting the car anyways (and free weight is cool).
WOODPECKER
QUOTE(CliffBraun @ Jul 31 2009, 03:34 PM) *

What he said, I went so far as to grind down the spot welds and take the plate out because I was repainting the car anyways (and free weight is cool).

I appreciate the replies.............Where is the bolt? Do you have to pry up one side of the hand brake lever? there is nothing visible.

thanks
McMark
Remove this bolt.
Remove this clip and pin.

IMHO, having an EBrake is essential. Should you brakes fail it's gonna be handy. If you park on a hill, it's gonna be handy. People have done some really cool stuff with 911 EBrake conversions. Take a look at those, if you haven't already.
FourBlades

New e-brake cables are pretty expensive. If yours are in
decent shape I would save them in case you ever want
them on again or you can sell them. Each of the 3 cables
is $75 or more new IIRC.

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.