Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Baltimore Area 914 Owners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002
I just started a Yahoo group for locals at: Bawlmer914s-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
VaccaRabite
I will join, but I think we should try to focus our local efforts more here.
But any venture to support locals is a good one.
kenshapiro2002
I only see it as being supportive of this group. Once we plan anything, we throw it up here in a nano second.

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 1 2009, 10:04 AM) *

I will join, but I think we should try to focus our local efforts more here.
But any venture to support locals is a good one.

type47
norustscott lives in Sykesville, crash914 lives in Woodstock (groovy) and plas911targa lives in Frederick, and evan lives in .... Rockville? (haven't seen him post in awhile). degreeoff lives in BOOOOWWWIIIEEEE; I've seen someone in Severna Park....
zymurgist
zymurgist lives in Washington County, MikeSpraggi is (I think) in Montgomery County...
ghuff
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 1 2009, 06:41 AM) *

norustscott lives in Sykesville, crash914 lives in Woodstock (groovy) and plas911targa lives in Frederick, and evan lives in .... Rockville? (haven't seen him post in awhile). degreeoff lives in BOOOOWWWIIIEEEE; I've seen someone in Severna Park....

I am now Severna Park/Millersville. If you see a half put together plastic bumper ancona blue metallic with crappy shaved door handles putting around and grinding into gears that is me.

I am pretty busy until after September 1st or maybe even 2nd week in, I really underestimated the effort and details of a move with two children and boatloads of stuff.

Joining the list.
kenshapiro2002
Actually, go to: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bawlmer914s/

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Aug 1 2009, 09:40 AM) *

I just started a Yahoo group for locals at: Bawlmer914s-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

seebobgo
Yea, I'm in. Close to Crofton.
degreeoff
Boooowwwiiieeee! My favorite town.....Hey I live there!

Engine is out in pieces....:-( heads are at the shop....guides were good, springs were under shimed, and its getting a 3 angle grind. cams are here need to send my rockers out for rebuild....good news is the shop is clean!

TMI I know.... Good idea but here is the best place for info gathering etc IMHO

Josh

Oh BTW if any of you all wanna stop by feel free, and if any of you all are sailors either in practice or desire let me know. We could try to hit a few Wed night races up in Bmore! Always use rail meat!
kenshapiro2002
Used to race wednesday nights in Middle River. Had a USCG Captin's License I let expire some years ago. Also raced the Governor's Cup a few times, and a number of Black Cat races (loved them) on Wednesday nights too.
Ken

P.S. Join the Yahoo group as an add on to this. Figure it'll be a hoot just to gather all the local 914s some evening in the Fall when we have 20 or so.

QUOTE(degreeoff @ Aug 2 2009, 09:28 AM) *

Boooowwwiiieeee! My favorite town.....Hey I live there!

Engine is out in pieces....:-( heads are at the shop....guides were good, springs were under shimed, and its getting a 3 angle grind. cams are here need to send my rockers out for rebuild....good news is the shop is clean!

TMI I know.... Good idea but here is the best place for info gathering etc IMHO

Josh

Oh BTW if any of you all wanna stop by feel free, and if any of you all are sailors either in practice or desire let me know. We could try to hit a few Wed night races up in Bmore! Always use rail meat!

kenshapiro2002
Great...then hit the link and join. http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Bawlmer914s/

QUOTE(seebobgo @ Aug 2 2009, 01:26 AM) *

Yea, I'm in. Close to Crofton.

ghuff
Wait do I have to create some yahoo id to join this ? sad.gif

If so that sucks, no other options but a yahoo mail group? sad.gif
kenshapiro2002
Yahoo groups rock...no fee, great storage of images and archives, etc. I've run my MC for six years with a Yahoo group and it can't be beat. This is a simple way to run a small group where there's no need for different "rooms" and shit. You could probaby have created your Yahoo ID faster than it took you to write this post! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(ghuff @ Aug 2 2009, 11:35 AM) *

Wait do I have to create some yahoo id to join this ? sad.gif

If so that sucks, no other options but a yahoo mail group? sad.gif

type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 1 2009, 07:21 AM) *

zymurgist lives in Washington County, MikeSpraggi is (I think) in Montgomery County...

I didn't put zymurgist on the list as I thought Hagerstown (Hagertown, right?) was out of the B'more area but I did forget MikeSpraggi (sorry Mike) and patrick2000 (Carl ) are both Silver Spring. Steven D is also SS.
zymurgist
I do go to most Friday night home games for the O's. (Pity me.)
ghuff
I know I know lol. I am whiney because I have like 50 online id's, and what seems like another 20 for work + crypto device.

Of course those are inflated numbers, but damn one more thing to create and remember.

I miss the good ole days of majordomo .
VaccaRabite
I raced in the Baltimore series for several years on tuesdays, and in the Magothy races for several years, and in the middle river races for two years. I really miss racing. I stopped when I moved to PA, and often wish that I had not.

Josh, where do you berth? I can't do it this season due to school, but I may be able to do it in the future. Also, I might be able to do some weekend races.

Zach
jsayre914
bye1.gif

im in baltimore everyday. Fells Point

honestly i go to 914world, that is internet for me. pm is my email. i go to my email account once a month or everyother. If i join the yahoo group, i will never return. So if anything cool should come up. I will see it here.

cool idea though. smile.gif
crash914
I am up for a boat race...

I used to when I was 15 and 16 and lived in Newport...I miss racing...
kenshapiro2002
I'm at the bar at Bertha's at least once a week...chatting with Bernard and eating mussels...usually Thursday nights. I like in Parkville. If the Yahoo group takes off and we do something local , I'll post it here as well.
Ken

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 2 2009, 02:00 PM) *

bye1.gif

honestly i go to 914world, that is internet for me. pm is my email. i go to my email account once a month or everyother. If i join the yahoo group, i will never return. So if anything cool should come up. I will see it here.

jsayre914
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Aug 2 2009, 04:18 PM) *

I'm at the bar at Bertha's at least once a week...chatting with Bernard and eating mussels...usually Thursday nights. I like in Parkville. If the Yahoo group takes off and we do something local , I'll post it here as well.
Ken

QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Aug 2 2009, 02:00 PM) *

bye1.gif

I think im bernards supplier. If he is my amsterdam shag customer. Cool biggrin.gif
Rick L
I'm in Elkridge.

You ride, so you probably are familiar with Daniels Bar.
I'm less than a mile from there.

Sounds like I'm pretty much in the middle.
Anytime, just holler.....and Bertha's rocks!
kenshapiro2002
Absolutely know Daniel's Bar, though I usually ride Northern Balto., Carroll and Harford counties...better roads!
Ken

QUOTE(Rick L @ Aug 2 2009, 05:42 PM) *

I'm in Elkridge.

You ride, so you probably are familiar with Daniels Bar.
I'm less than a mile from there.

Sounds like I'm pretty much in the middle.
Anytime, just holler.....and Bertha's rocks!

OU8AVW
I'm in Nap town but my car is a garage case for a while. welder.gif
I race sailboats and I run a rig shop, so if you need any rigging, let me know!

Mike
crash914
Since none of our 914's run...how about a bike ride?
kenshapiro2002
Join my club www.semitesonbikes.com

Ken

QUOTE(crash914 @ Aug 2 2009, 08:02 PM) *

Since none of our 914's run...how about a bike ride?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.