Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fog Lamp Fitting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjbunn
I bought a set of the Camp914 Pilot lamps, and am just shaping up to fitting and cabling them.

There is a bunch of taped up wires emerging from the body near the fog lamp mounting point, seen in this photo:

IPB Image

(There is a similar wire bundle on the other side, too.)

Are these wires for the fog lamps? I wasn't expecting to find existing wiring, as I thought fog lamps were an optional extra ...

Thanks!
underthetire
Where are the horns? Could be the horn wiring. I just put mine in yesterday. The drivers side had 2 power wires ( whitish yellow) and one brown (ground). The other side had one each.
jjbunn
QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 1 2009, 07:37 PM) *

Where are the horns? Could be the horn wiring. I just put mine in yesterday. The drivers side had 2 power wires ( whitish yellow) and one brown (ground). The other side had one each.

There is only one horn on my car, on the driver's side.

When you talk about the wires, are you referring to the fog lamp wires or the horn wires?

If anyone has a close-up photo showing the fit of the lamps in the grille openings, I'd appreciate it. Do the lamps fit inside the opening, or set back from the opening?
jjbunn
QUOTE(jjbunn @ Aug 2 2009, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Aug 1 2009, 07:37 PM) *

There is only one horn on my car, on the driver's side.

When you talk about the wires, are you referring to the fog lamp wires or the horn wires?

If anyone has a close-up photo showing the fit of the lamps in the grille openings, I'd appreciate it. Do the lamps fit inside the opening, or set back from the opening?

On the passenger side I have two brown, one black, and one yellow/white. On the driver's side I have two brown and one yellow/white.

I guess I need to start puzzling over the wiring diagram :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.