Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What a difference a seal makes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Emboldened by Brad Mayeur's tech session and by the fact that the targa top seal basically shredded itself when we removed the top yesterday, my son and I installed the new seal I purchased over a year ago from AA. Wow! What a difference! No more rattle/squeak dance at every bump. Much quieter.

Also took the time to check on a few things Brad mentioned in his session:
  • poked a zip tie up into the drain hole in the inner suspension console - nothing there (that's good)
  • also poked it up through the drain tubes of the headlight buckets - nothing there either
  • finally, removed the screws on the rocker panels to see what evil dirt lurked there - not much, fortunately

The one thing the last exercise reminded me of is that the oil tank or some of the hoses or fittings are doing a very good job keeping the left side of the car well-lubricated. Please, oh please, let it just be some loose fittings.

Skip
McMark
Sounds like some great advice. I'm looking forward to my new targa seal from Mikey914.
MikeSpraggi
When I first saw the title, this is what came to mind .......

Click to view attachment

Sorry for the diversion ..... need to get back to work, the teener is calling!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.