Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tuning question...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RJMII
Everyone has their own methods for tuning a vehicle. Whether it is carbs, aftermarket fuel injection, or even stock injection in plain Jane form or slightly modified.

What sort of processes do you guys do for tuning? What methods have you done, what has worked for you?

I'm looking for info from positive personal experienes here on examples of what has worked, please stay on track.
ghuff
You are tuning your megasquirt setup with no knock sensor, correct?
RJMII
QUOTE(ghuff @ Aug 3 2009, 06:54 PM) *

Si, Ja, Hai... yup, yes. uh huh.

What have you tuned, and how'd you do it? I know YOU've tuned stuff. smile.gif Let's hear some experiences.
ghuff
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 3 2009, 06:31 PM) *

QUOTE(ghuff @ Aug 3 2009, 06:54 PM) *

Si, Ja, Hai... yup, yes. uh huh.

What have you tuned, and how'd you do it? I know YOU've tuned stuff. smile.gif Let's hear some experiences.

Man. It's really different depending on what you are working with. Starting out with a turbo motor is hard as well.

Not having a knock sensor means you will have to use your eyes, ears and nose literally.

Well the nose is excluded if you have a wideband.....

I'll post more in this thread when I get home tonight. I'm a little busy at work before leaving sad.gif

Step 1, wastegate 100% shut. Your megasquirt calculations and map creation for fuel is going to be "ok" to get it idling perhaps if you are lucky.

Are you doing MS for fuel and timing or just fuel?
RJMII
Oh, I'm doing both. =o) But I've got the tuning stuff under control. wink.gif I'm after stories. smile.gif

ghuff
Oh man i got some tales about tuning various things.

When I get home we will start with high school, small block chevys, silverware for tools and using your nose as the wideband.

RJMII
Gary, on second thought... go ahead and walk me through it for my setup. I'm not afraid to admit I might have missed something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.