Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: About my 924S and its trouble..........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
justdrive914
So I left work the other night and all at once a bang from my rear end and a bit off oil from around where the cv joints go into the transaxle, now on both sides the cv joints are loose and i can woblle them wear they go into the transaxle....... and when i put the car in gear and let the clutch out all it does is grind and roar......
I think im in for a rebuild........

Hope maybe you guys could help me out thanks!
Andrew
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(justdrive914 @ Aug 3 2009, 12:19 PM) *

So I left work the other night and all at once a bang from my rear end and a bit off oil from around where the cv joints go into the transaxle, now on both sides the cv joints are loose and i can woblle them wear they go into the transaxle....... and when i put the car in gear and let the clutch out all it does is grind and roar......
I think im in for a rebuild........

Hope maybe you guys could help me out thanks!
Andrew

ring gear and pinion is shot. Typical problem due to letting the rubber clutch disc run while with a broken center.
URY914
924?

Is that the one with the engine in front and a water pump?

Sorry, can't help you.
iamchappy
This thread is as scary as the burning thread, I cringe every time i see 924S come up in a thread.

I bought one for my Son last Fall, I wrenched on it for numerous problems till February, no problems since then, but i have a constant anxiety looming......
Cupomeat
Yeah, you might want to shop for a good used transaxle instead. They can only take so much grinding and roaring before you kill something too expensive on a 22yr old gear box. A rebuild might be a whole lot more than a good used.

If I remember correctly, the 924S has the same 5 speed as the 944, which should make them rather plentiful around the used parts houses.

Installation is pretty easy, but you should have the clutch replaced at the same time.
markb
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 3 2009, 11:42 AM) *

924?

Is that the one with the engine in front and a water pump?

Sorry, can't help you.

agree.gif av-943.gif

Sorry, I just had to. smile.gif
iamchappy
Replacing the clutch is very time consuming...........I replaced the starter ring on my son's, it took me a week to do it for the first time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.