Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS/ Red Porsche 914....................NO RESERVE
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Z Sport
Up for sale is my treasured red 1970 Porsche 914. This vehicle has been stored since 1983. Bought 4 years ago with the intent to build a really nice street car I find I have no time to complete this car. The Porsche 1.7 engine and transmission have been removed from the car. The transmission has been rebuilt and is ready to be installed. The engine block has been prepped and is ready to be put back together with newer and upgraded parts included. The vehicle has been stripped and repainted inside and out. Includes all parts for the complete car package. Includes extra wide rims & mounted tires and a Porsche high rear deck spoiler (not in photos). $2,100.00. Call 503 998-1527
Z Sport
QUOTE(Z Sport @ Aug 3 2009, 04:01 PM) *

Up for sale is my treasured red 1970 Porsche 914. This vehicle has been stored since 1986. Bought 4 years ago with the intent to build a really rice street car I find I have no time to complete this car. The Porsche 1.7 engine and transmission have been removed from the car. The transmission has been rebuilt and is ready to be installed. The engine block has been prepped and is ready to be put back together. The vehicle has been stripped and repainted inside and out. Includes all parts for the complete car package. Includes extra wide rims & mounted tires and a Porsche high rear deck spoiler (not in photos). Asking $3,000.00. Call Damon at 503 998-1527

Z Sport
More photos:
Z Sport
QUOTE(Z Sport @ Aug 3 2009, 04:05 PM) *

More photos:

Z Sport
$ 2,300. OBO
Z Sport
This vehicle is now up for auction on Ebay: "1970 Porsche 914 Targa top" .
[size=3][b]HIGHEST BIDDER WINS
Z Sport
QUOTE(Z Sport @ Aug 5 2009, 04:52 PM) *

This vehicle is now up for auction on Ebay: "1970 Porsche 914 Targa top" .
[size=3][b]HIGHEST BIDDER WINS

new lower price
IronHillRestorations
A bit of advice?

This is a tough crowd to market a 914. Anyone that's interested in your car in the least is going to want to see pics of the battery area, and/or any rusty areas of the car - rear trunk, floor behind the seats, the pan, longitudinal frame members, that kind of stuff.

Good luck on the sale, from the pics it looks pretty nice.
6freak
I dont think Jamie Rust has seen this yet or it would be sold ...hell its only an hour away from him....I could slap my 2.2 in it and make a AXer and save my six
Z Sport
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 20 2009, 03:02 PM) *

I dont think Jamie Rust has seen this yet or it would be sold ...hell its only an hour away from him....I could slap my 2.2 in it and make a AXer and save my six

Mr. Rust hasn't seen it yet - but he has made an offer to trade for it. I'm looking for a cash only sell.
RJMII
Hell hole area pics? longs? What's included with the engine? pics from when it was stripped? repair process used in fixing any rust issues encountered while stripping and prepping for paint?

pics of the rims and deck spoiler?
Z Sport
QUOTE(RJMII @ Aug 31 2009, 03:35 PM) *

Hell hole area pics? longs? What's included with the engine? pics from when it was stripped? repair process used in fixing any rust issues encountered while stripping and prepping for paint?

pics of the rims and deck spoiler?

Thanks for your response.
All the work that has been done was completed before I bought this Porsche.
I have owned it for 4 years.

As I understand it the owner before the last started the complete tear down and rebuild. Likely completely stripped the car - removed everything from it - had a paint shop paint the car the bright red paint - both inside and out - (did a good job) and then started to reassemble and replace the parts on the car. It didn't get completed and was bought by a professional mechanic. The Mechanic bought all new engine components and stated the new engine would be a 1.8. As far as I can tell he was the one who did the complete motor teardown and had the block prepped for all the new engine parts he had bought. Looks like all the new parts included would complete to make a whole new engine, including a new cluch and many other parts. The package also includes what other 914 owners have stated are very rare original 914 parts such as a chrome rear bumber guard. There are no signs that any trouble areas of prior body rust existed on the exterior. There is some rust in the battery box area as is typical of all 914's and I've been told the battery box has been replaced. According to other 914 owners who have seen this Porsche it is in an above average condition.

The vehicle has now been reposted on Ebay. It "sold" for $2,525.00 but the highest bidder turned out to be a fraud. Ebay refunded the listing fees and I have reposted the Porsche with a starting bid of only $1,000.00. You'll find many other photos of the car - including a shot of the fiberglass rear spoiler included.
The extra wide rims are mounted on the car and come with a complete set of 4 matching chrome center caps.

The vehicle is located on private secured property in NE Portland Oregon and can be seen in person

Damon
(503) 998-1527
Z Sport
Z Sport
QUOTE(Z Sport @ Sep 15 2009, 01:20 AM) *

Spolier not mounted - just one of many 914 parts included with this Porsche
Z Sport
Now on E-bay with no Reserve. Heading: "Straight and clean" / Portland Oregon Highest bid wins!
Z Sport
Vehicle SOLD on Ebay for $2,325.00
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.