Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Cheep Az Non-Product
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
76-914
I needed another bulkhead harness strap so I gave this a try. It fits tight as hell and is a quick, cheap and easy replacement. I used yellow to highlight photo and in the hopes I could piss someone off. It looks as if you would need something to pass thru the loop of the tie (on the backside) but as you can see it pulls up tight. I can't show the backside because I can only load one picture per post for some reason. Second time tonight!!!!

Click to view attachment
76-914
Here is the backside

Click to view attachment
McMark
I'm not really sure I understand.... It's a yellow zip tie.... confused24.gif

You can only load one image per post because you using full size images. Reduce the images to 800px wide and you can add more than one to each post.

EDIT: I get it now. McMaster sells zip ties with 'christmas tree' pegs on them specifically for this sort of thing. But I'm a fan of whatever gets the job done.
DBCooper
Seems like a simple and clever way to use an existing hole and a common zip tie, when you don't need them very often or can't find those special ones you know are around here somewhere. It's so simple I wouldn't doubt someone else has already done it, but I've never seen it before myself. I'll keep it in mind, it will be handy.
jim_hoyland
How about a link to the product
jimtab
Check the Gardner-Bender website for Mount bases, it's a hellova lot nicer not to have a hole at all.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.