Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What happened
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
trojanhorsepower
Hi all,

I have been busy for the last 5 years so I have missed a lot. Is there a thread to tell me what happened to the club?

blink.gif

-Peter
d914
best really not to go there!!:)
markb
PM sent with brief explanation.
tat2dphreak
we've adopted the military "don't ask, don't tell" policy...
Richard Casto
Peter,

Best thing to do is use the search function to read up on it. The split happened in December of 2006 if I remember correctly. I am sure the story is slightly different depending upon who you ask and what threads you read. The short version is there were disagreements among those who ran the site which couldn’t be reconciled and this resulted in a split.

One thing to keep in mind is that to a degree people try not to talk about this purely to avoid “us vs. them” flame wars. In fact I think there is a forum rule that says discussions like this should try to remain positive, etc.

Richard
Richard Casto
Oh, I forgot to say it's great to hear of another NC 914 owner (I live in the RTP area of Durham). And...

welcome.png
SLITS
It was a nuclear holocastholocaust of bibical proporitions. av-943.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 4 2009, 11:26 AM) *

holocast

confused24.gif

ericread
blowup.gif

But everyone's made up and we're all friends again.........

trojanhorsepower
OK, thanks for the update.

-P
trojanhorsepower
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Aug 4 2009, 02:37 PM) *

Oh, I forgot to say it's great to hear of another NC 914 owner (I live in the RTP area of Durham). And...

welcome.png

Hi Richard,

I live in Watha, but my folks live in Hillsborough, so I get out that way regularly. If you live in Durham, you must know Chuck. I know he used to be on the old sight, but I have not spoken to him for years.

It would be great to get some NC teeners together some time. It always seems like everyone is so far away from us.

-Peter
d914
hey guys,,,NC is my sales territory and drive through on a regular basis..Keep me in the loop!!
MDG
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 4 2009, 04:46 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 4 2009, 11:26 AM) *

holocast

confused24.gif

you may be on the right track with your photo, Andy.

I believe what Slits may be referring to is the lesser known nuclear holocast - the phenomenon created when holographic images emitting radiation temorarily stupify all those gazing upon it. Sometimes leading to irrational behavior and occasional mass destruction.

sheesh, I'm glad I missed all that.

Richard Casto
QUOTE(trojanhorsepower @ Aug 4 2009, 05:58 PM) *

QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Aug 4 2009, 02:37 PM) *

welcome.png

Hi Richard,

I live in Watha, but my folks live in Hillsborough, so I get out that way regularly. If you live in Durham, you must know Chuck. I know he used to be on the old sight, but I have not spoken to him for years.

It would be great to get some NC teeners together some time. It always seems like everyone is so far away from us.

-Peter

Peter,

I will IM you the info for a yahoo group setup for 914 owners we have setup. We don't post a great deal, but it's a great way to keep in touch or to reach out if you need help or a part quickly.

Richard
sww914
Oh, come on you guys, we're all touchy feely now? Let's rip open the wounds again and watch it BLEED!!!!
SLITS
Sheeeeeesh!
r_towle
It was all SLITS fault...

Had something to do with his bizzarre control over the internet and the lines that run by his shop....some experiment he was doing in the back that got out of hand...

rich
SLITS
I rearranged the Ones and Zeros into Zeros and Ones. type.gif

yellowsleep[1].gif
Mark Henry
Alfred did it.
ericread
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 4 2009, 09:49 PM) *

I rearranged the Ones and Zeros into Zeros and Ones. type.gif

yellowsleep[1].gif

The truth is, it was a crude attempt at world domination. Slits decided he could corner the world market on binary zeros. By simply substituting the letter "O" for the zeros in the binary world of the internet, he thought the world would fall at his feet. Unfortunately for him, he greatly underestimated the number of binary zeros, and all he ended up with is a shop full of orphan zeros. Meantime, the only internet site he actually stole the zeros from was the old 914 site. The principals of that site, thinking this was part of a primary first strike against everything German, retaliated against each other.

And now there are two sites.

Damn that Slits guy...

ConeDodger
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Aug 4 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Oh my God!!! Are you trying to tell me that the .Club site is... GAY???

Seriously, everyone gets along just fine for the most part. The sites have evolved in the direction that both visions had wanted and that is to the liking of both parties...

Think of it as twice the fun!
oldschool
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 4 2009, 11:05 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Aug 4 2009, 10:35 AM) *

Oh my God!!! Are you trying to tell me that the .Club site is... GAY???

Seriously, everyone gets along just fine for the most part. The sites have evolved in the direction that both visions had wanted and that is to the liking of both parties...

Think of it as twice the fun!

I swing both ways.....wait a minute that did not come out right. lol-2.gif what i'm saying is that I hang out on the club site also av-943.gif .
tat2dphreak
noticed this over there today... yes I swing both ways too, but the club is kinda well, desolate compared to here.

914CLUB.COM is a division of BRAG - © All rights reserved
Dr Evil
Try posting "914World" over there. dry.gif I say cold war, not resolved rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.