Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rusty car welding class and rust treatment clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
several people here have expressed some interest in a welding class. I think that the local colleges have a lot of good instruction to offer but few cover teh real meat and potatoes of welding rusty 914s. if there is sufficient interest, I would like to put together a class that would focus on the welding issues you would encounter while restoring your pride and joy 914. treating the rust would have to be a big part of it because its the rust we encounter that make re-welding a challenge.

I would have real 914 parts to practice on...of course

who's in?

I have a 2000 sq ft shop so space is not an issue. we would need a few more welding rigs to do this well. I only have one of each item: welder, plasma cutter, oxy torch.

suggestions are welcome. I think 2 days would be enough for a basic class to get ya'll started. one day would only work in a one on one instruction scenario
roadster fan
Sean,

I would be in, but my schedule is a real challenge sometimes as I work half the weekends of the year.

I could bring a miller 180 mig setup if I drive (7hours), but who knows I would prolly fly if someone could pick me up at the old aeroport. I hope enough people chime in to make it happen as there is no substitute for hands on training from someone who does it all the time!

Jim
76-914
Count me in. Hell, I don't care if it's at midnight. I have a gas rig and a flux core rig but no MIG. I do have some grinders, though! And Roadster; which airport?
914_teener
I want to do my trunk channel...... I have fabbed some replacement metal.

I'm in. I may be able to get my hands on a 110 mig setup. Flux core wire set up (no bottle).

Depends what weekend and where in So Cal. San Diego Area?
sean_v8_914
as people chime in, we will work out the dates. picking Jim up at the airport is easy. Im only 10 minutes away
sean_v8_914
...maybe one of the students cars will end up being our class project
roadster fan
It is small, but my 914 wont fit in my carry on, I think they will charge me extra to check it biggrin.gif

arvcube
i may be interested. depends on when it is..i have a 110v Weldpak 100 with the mig conversion
KaptKaos
I'd be interested depending on where you have it.
neil30076
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Aug 4 2009, 03:07 PM) *

several people here have expressed some interest in a welding class. I think that the local colleges have a lot of good instruction to offer but few cover teh real meat and potatoes of welding rusty 914s. if there is sufficient interest, I would like to put together a class that would focus on the welding issues you would encounter while restoring your pride and joy 914. treating the rust would have to be a big part of it because its the rust we encounter that make re-welding a challenge.

I would have real 914 parts to practice on...of course

who's in?

I have a 2000 sq ft shop so space is not an issue. we would need a few more welding rigs to do this well. I only have one of each item: welder, plasma cutter, oxy torch.

suggestions are welcome. I think 2 days would be enough for a basic class to get ya'll started. one day would only work in a one on one instruction scenario

Sean, I would be interested, keep me posted -
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.