Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just Found My Car's Real Color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kenshapiro2002
Just got off the phone with a PO and found out that although the car was Irish Green originally, it is now Mack Truck Green! Since I've never actually seen Irish Green, does it look much different than the shot of my car? The PO says it is very different.
MDG
mmm, Irish Green. My favourite!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Irish Geen has a lot more yellow in it than say British Racing Green which leans to blue tones.

I have no idea what Mack Truck Green is . . .
VaccaRabite
Lets see the Mack truck green teener. I'm always up for green teener love.
kenshapiro2002
Irish Green looks very close to my Mack Truck Green!
Ken

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Aug 4 2009, 10:07 PM) *

Lets see the Mack truck green teener. I'm always up for green teener love.

Click to view attachment
kenshapiro2002
Hmmmmmm...might have to tradde my BBS for some Fuchs. Are the Repros good wheels?
Ken

QUOTE(MDG @ Aug 4 2009, 10:04 PM) *

mmm, Irish Green. My favourite!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Irish Geen has a lot more yellow in it than say British Racing Green which leans to blue tones.

I have no idea what Mack Truck Green is . . .

MDG
Depends on the repro; some not bad - some bad. The 914-6 in that photo I posted looks like it may have 16" wheels and from the look of the rims 7" fronts (probably with spacers) and 8" on back.

You can find good straight REAL ones and have them refinished - they're out there.
MDG
Same car post roll over; in the bottom pic beside the 930, the re-paint they did actually looks closer to your green, Ken.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
pete-stevers
ken i just shoot you a pm about those bbs rs if you wanna get rid of em... idea.gif
kenshapiro2002
Not the easiest car in the world to roll either...OUCH !!! blink.gif

QUOTE(MDG @ Aug 4 2009, 11:24 PM) *

Same car post roll over; in the bottom pic beside the 930, the re-paint they did actually looks closer to your green, Ken.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

jmill
Dammmmnnnnn! blink.gif

That was one of my favorite 914's too.
carr914
Don't get Repro Fuchs. You can get Real 15x8's fairly cheap.

T.C.
MDG
QUOTE(jmill @ Aug 5 2009, 12:17 AM) *

Dammmmnnnnn! blink.gif

That was one of my favorite 914's too.

Mine too. The story I read is the guy's son caught a ditch; as you can see in the bottom photo it was completely re-done. If I remember correctly the guy who owns it (and no doubt the 930 and the castle they're parked in front of) is a doctor. The shop's name where the work was done would be known to some of the guys on this board - I can't recall it - I think somewhere in Tennessee.

It was a year or two ago I stumbled upon this on another board.

m.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.