Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tearing into my Hell Hole...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jasons
I'm tearing into the hell hole on my raspberry car. Most of the bad metal is out on the passenger side now. I'm just debating how much of the long needs to go. I already cut out a small 1" by 1" area around a tiny spot that was rusted through. The rest is just pitted. How much pitting is acceptable?

First pic shows what I started with....

Click to view attachment

Next pic, bad metal gone....

Click to view attachment

Next pic, long detail from engine compartment....

Click to view attachment

Last pic, long detail from passenger compartment....

Click to view attachment
trojanhorsepower
That looks great to me....
But I wouldn't know, my car did not have that part.

-Peter
rick 918-S
If you have access to a spot blaster I would think you could just clean it up. Good to see your working on the car. My offer still stands, just name your price. If your sure your not putting the car back to the factory color I will have to fix the one I have. dry.gif
jasons
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 5 2009, 09:03 AM) *

If you have access to a spot blaster I would think you could just clean it up. Good to see your working on the car. My offer still stands, just name your price. If your sure your not putting the car back to the factory color I will have to fix the one I have. dry.gif

You don't know how close I came to telling you to come get it. I'm not committed to any color at this time. This is one of those "a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step" situations. I'm only a few steps in right now. I can tell you for sure, I have not ruled out raspberry. Its just too different not to consider it.

How about this blaster from my Asian friends at HF? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=45998
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jasons @ Aug 5 2009, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 5 2009, 09:03 AM) *

You don't know how close I came to telling you to come get it. I'm not committed to any color at this time. This is one of those "a journey of a thousand miles starts with one step" situations. I'm only a few steps in right now. I can tell you for sure, I have not ruled out raspberry. Its just too different not to consider it.

How about this blaster from my Asian friends at HF? http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=45998

I told Sandy this summer if you called I was buying a car. She mad.gif made me commit to getting rid of the other one. dry.gif (But only if you called.. rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif )

Or a journey of a thousand miles has a thousand starts. I know the feeling.... wacko.gif

No problem, What ever you decide. When I saw this post I had to walk out and look at the twin sister. I think she'll come into the garage in a couple weeks and have here face lifted. (front end welded back on)

Ya, that little blaster should work fine.

I like this one. It has a rubber end to cover over the area so the media doesn't fly everywhere. It still makes a mess but a much smaller one.

http://www.eastwood.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=22054
jasons
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 5 2009, 01:25 PM) *

I told Sandy this summer if you called I was buying a car. She mad.gif made me commit to getting rid of the other one. dry.gif (But only if you called.. rolleyes.gif lol-2.gif )

LOL, my wife told me the same thing when I was considering buying a turnkey car. She wanted me to sell my cars before I bought anything else.

BTW Rick, did you notice all the residual raspberry in those pics?
rick 918-S
QUOTE(jasons @ Aug 5 2009, 07:40 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 5 2009, 01:25 PM) *

LOL, my wife told me the same thing when I was considering buying a turnkey car. She wanted me to sell my cars before I bought anything else.

BTW Rick, did you notice all the residual raspberry in those pics?

Whimmin! confused24.gif

Yep, you betcha! thumb3d.gif gayfight.gif tooth.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.