Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fresh air / heater dash control
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
aircraftdesign
I wonder if anyone has information on the illumination lights on the dashboard fresh air / heater control?

Looking at a 71 dash (heater & fresh air control) there are two bulb receptacles over the white arrows - one on the left and one on the right. I've located the bulb and socket (including the wiring) for the right side - but can't seem to locate the same for the left side.

Any help or even better pictures looking at the back of this control would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time-
9146FAN
My '70 914/6 had one wire and one bulb only, but the control unit has two bulb sockets. There was no sign of missing or cut wires so I assume there was only one bulb from the factory (on the right).

I installed a NOS wire harnes that had only the one bulb-wire to the control unit.

I believe that the 911's used the same control unit. My assumption is that the 911's did have the two bulbs.

Rod
Mine (1973) Had two bulbs for the arrows, also also a third bulb which sits in another recess top right, which illuminates when the fan is on smile.gif

I have replaced them all with LED's - don't want to be fafing around under there too much, I get neck ache...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.