Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what would you do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So what would you do?
1.1973 1.7 914 white 2nd owner keeping this stock,maybe add some paint.
2.1973 1.7 914 red dd.
3.1975 911S work in progress

Here gos, this is what I was thinking the red 914 runs very well, but has been in a few fender benders, I would like to add a 916 look, but add some power/ I could convert to a suby or put the 6 in it, that would be my fun car.

the 911S is a 25th anniversary car but po pulled the org. efi chair.gif
and it needs the same old stuff a car that has been setting around for 12years needs.
very mim rust. the motor is off and needs to be taken apart. (not because its bad just because its been setting for so long)

I'm tired of looking at the nice ride just setting?

so again I ask what would you do,

I don't have big pockets,
zymurgist
What's the 911 like, rust-wise? A 25th anniversary S might be able to finance your other projects (and I say this as a happy 911 owner).
type47
After I read your post I wondered; are you buying these or selling?
ericread

Tough question... idea.gif

Normally I'd say sell the red 914 and concentrate on the white 914 while working to get the 911S on the road. Two really great little cars.

However... With the 914 resale market somewhat depressed, and the stated body condition of the red 914, you probably wouldn't get all that much out of it.

I would, if at all possible, hold on to the 911S.

Eric Read
oldschool
QUOTE(type47 @ Aug 5 2009, 06:02 AM) *

After I read your post I wondered; are you buying these or selling?

none are for sale
Drums66
Do what you can afford with the 914's
But..........I would keep the 75' 911 !!

shades.gif absitively posolutely
Cupomeat
I'd sell one of the 914s, slowly fix up the 911s (put a used SC motor in it for a start) and be a happy camper with two cool cars.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 5 2009, 03:27 PM) *

I'd sell one of the 914s, slowly fix up the 911s (put a used SC motor in it for a start) and be a happy camper with two cool cars.

agree.gif

if this isn't a solution, then I don't understand the question
ghuff
Good luck. 911's 914's, ferrari? They are all depressed right now.

Not the time to be selling it is the time to be buying.
oldschool
QUOTE(ghuff @ Aug 5 2009, 08:29 PM) *

Good luck. 911's 914's, ferrari? They are all depressed right now.

Not the time to be selling it is the time to be buying.

I would like to put flares on the red car (I love the 916 look) and maybe put the 2.7 in it? and make the 911 a Subaru conversion?

zymurgist
QUOTE(oldschool @ Aug 6 2009, 04:59 AM) *

make the 911 a Subaru conversion?

A 911S?

With a Subaru engine?

WTF.gif

Let me get this straight... you want to go from 6 cylinders to 4? Using an "S" as your base? This makes no sense to me. I could almost see putting a turbo Suby in a "T" but converting a a well maintained "S" will only destroy its market value.
oldschool
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Aug 6 2009, 04:47 AM) *

QUOTE(oldschool @ Aug 6 2009, 04:59 AM) *

make the 911 a Subaru conversion?

A 911S?

With a Subaru engine?

WTF.gif

Let me get this straight... you want to go from 6 cylinders to 4? Using an "S" as your base? This makes no sense to me. I could almost see putting a turbo Suby in a "T" but converting a a well maintained "S" will only destroy its market value.

Here the thing the 1975 911 S needs work,the 2.7 needs to be redone. it needs all new carpets and the recaros need to be redone also. breaks/body work. and yes I was thinking of a turbo. or reinstall the 2.7 and make the red car a turbo suby?
oldschool
try to post photos keep getting this (The total filespace required to upload all the attached files is greater than your per post or global limit. Please reduce the number of attachments or the size of the attachments.) and I have change the photo to a low res?

tat2dphreak
you have to shrink the pics

imo... don't convert the 911... fix the 2.7 or get a 3.0/3.2... but don't suburize it

suby the 914 all you want, tho
Cupomeat
it sounds like you have grandiose plans for these cars, which is slightly more than the original question as I understood it.

Either way, I stick by my suggestion for a plan, just add your bigger projects on the end.

For the 911S, I strongly suggest a straightforward engine upgrade to an SC or even a 3.2l motor. That car will be nice and fast and the interior bits you can do all along. The brakes do need to be gone through, but 911 brakes are rather hearty and pretty reasonable for those years.

BTW, Are you in the film/TV world?
oldschool
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Aug 6 2009, 11:29 AM) *

it sounds like you have grandiose plans for these cars, which is slightly more than the original question as I understood it.

Either way, I stick by my suggestion for a plan, just add your bigger projects on the end.

For the 911S, I strongly suggest a straightforward engine upgrade to an SC or even a 3.2l motor. That car will be nice and fast and the interior bits you can do all along. The brakes do need to be gone through, but 911 brakes are rather hearty and pretty reasonable for those years.

BTW, Are you in the film/TV world?

thanks guys for your help, I would like to keep the 911 pure aktion035.gif
and your right, the red car should get the suby.
and yes I'm a producer/ union cinematographer. local 600
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.