Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The finsih run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
J P Stein
I didn't realize what I had here. Chuck on the charge to the finish...a quarter mile slalom, basicly.
J P Stein
closer
J P Stein
That's the timing light on the left cone....it got broke. Thank God for duct tape.
Bruce Allert took a shit load of pics....180 he says. We could bore youz guys for weeks with em'.
Part Pricer
Was that course set up for use by the learning disabled? (PC term)

I've never seen such an overuse of pointer cones, especially on the slalom.
J P Stein
Paul:

Take it up with the HMFWAIC, I just drive em'.

Pointer cones are used when the direction is not-optional and used here to slow things down. Not my favorite, either. I never hit the limiter in second.

It was done as this was the first AX of the year and a lot of first timers show up. Later in the year they will open things up a bit, I hope.

Ya'll come over & design a course and we'll get it on biggrin.gif
Part Pricer
Ahh...newbies!! That explains things. I'm used to seeing only one pointer cone at the beginning of a non-optional slalom.

But, I don't get how pointer cones slow things down. Care to enlighten me?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Apr 2 2003, 02:22 PM)
But, I don't get how pointer cones slow things down. Care to enlighten me?

i think what JP is trying to say is that turning those fine cones into "Pointer Cones" during his run slowed him down laugh.gif
campbellcj
I've never even heard of "pointer cones"...I figured the previous car thru must've had a bad oversteer. confused24.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Apr 2 2003, 08:55 PM)
I've never even heard of "pointer cones"...I figured the previous car thru must've had a bad oversteer. confused24.gif

"pointer cones" are the ones tipped over on purpose
to indicate the direction/side on which to pass the cone.
i hope i said that right unsure.gif it sure makes sense to me rolleyes.gif
J P Stein
The pointer cone in this pic is attempting to point out that this fella is headed in the wrong direction. That's # 14....not me biggrin.gif
J P Stein
And here's a shot of that blacksumbitch
Porsche Rescue
JP thinks you all ought to see somebody else trying to go the wrong way 'round. Bruce Allert gets the photo credit, I get the blame for the heavy foot.
Porsche Rescue
Ooops. Won't accept the pic. Don't know why. Says won't accept "that type of file". Anyone know what type is the wrong type?
seanery
prolly only jpg and gif work.

I bet you have a bmp.

If you don't have software to convert it, email it to me and I'll send it back as jpg or post it for you.
Bruce Allert
Jim, I'll try attaching it from my side just to be sure the file is ok, unless you want to try the new resized pic I sent ya last night.
bruce
Porsche Rescue
Bruce, please give it a try from your end. The one I just tried is the smaller one and I believe it is jpg. My other pics post just fine at a larger size from the same file, for example....
Porsche Rescue
Shows what I know! I'll try once more to see what I am doing wrong. Should have been a pic with the last post. Once more (sorry to bore subscribers to this thread while I fumble around).
Bleyseng
hehe Jim, we all have our moments......you just have more!
Geoff
Porsche Rescue
Still won't accept the other pic. Only difference is the one above was filed straight from my camera, the other was saved to the file from an email attachment. Apparently there is a difference (both are jpg). I'll quit now. Bruce, see if you can post it (by now the whole world should be waiting to see my skill (not)!
J P Stein
OK allready biggrin.gif

Take the spaces out of the file name & have at it.
Bruce Allert
boldblue.gif mueba.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif way to go JP you nailed it smash.gif beer.gif
bruce
J P Stein
What can I tell ya.....I'm a picture postin' kinda guy.
Here's another......lurid wheel lifting. It should be obivious by now that I'm not to be trusted with nekid
pics of anyones wife....but send em' anyhow biggrin.gif
Porsche Rescue
Spaces.....what spaces.....don't got no stinkin' spaces!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.