Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loosing beautiful driving days!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Yesterday was beautiful weather and I had lots of little errands to do and couldn't use the 914 as the key is stuck in the ignition! Can't pull it out but can turn it enough so red light on dash comes on but won't turn far enough to start car. Help me, help me please! AC/DC concert is today and I have people coming who are wanting to go for a ride.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Joe Ricard
Disconnect the battery

Pull the wheel
Pull the turn signal assy
pull the switch out push the key out from the other side
put back together
use spare key.
Ian Stott
Thanks Joe, I will get right at that. The guys that trim branches for NB Power have been in my backyard since 6:00 AM trimming the trees away from the power lines so I have been up since then, chainsaws revving up is not music to my ears!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
orange914
the cars on the "hyway to hell" i tell ya biggrin.gif
Ian Stott
AC/DC concert was a huge success, 70,000 plus in our little city of Moncton! Got the ignition tumbler out and installed the one from my donor car, sucks to have a different key for the ignition and the doors but on the plus side the self canceling turn signals now work and the new horns we installed a few weeks ago sound better, and the steering wheel lock also works, go figure!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.