Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grommets and boots and seals, oh my...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dennis
I'm looking for a source (or two) of the various grommets and boots that are required for my '74 restoration. I would prefer good used ones that are in out of the way places (i.e. front body plugs, fuel pump boot, firewall wire harness boot etc.)
Thanks for any suggestions.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Dennis @ Aug 6 2009, 01:29 PM) *

I'm looking for a source (or two) of the various grommets and boots that are required for my '74 restoration. I would prefer good used ones that are in out of the way places (i.e. front body plugs, fuel pump boot, firewall wire harness boot etc.)

no problem new, but I would not buy 35 year old used rubber boots and grommets
Dennis
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 6 2009, 12:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Dennis @ Aug 6 2009, 01:29 PM) *

no problem new, but I would not buy 35 year old used rubber boots and grommets

Thanks. I have some boots (like the turn signal, side marker) and the body plugs that came with the car are still quite pliable, no cracks and nice tight fit. I can't see spending $19.00 for one of these from AA and I need two. Tho' I might have to...

r_towle
buy a parts car....that is what we all did....laugh.gif

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.