Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought set of wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I'm sure I'll end up with several sets of wheels for this car, but I had to start somewhere. Mike (6Freak) had loaned me a set of steels from his collection, but I was needing something wider to fill up the wheelwells.

They are Revolutions and I thought they matched the car so well. I have know idea what tires I'm putting on them. Any suggestion on sizes. All four wheels are 16x8. Maybe I need to paint them orange or just the star should be painted.

Click to view attachment
championgt1
Nice! You are getting closer. beerchug.gif
r_towle
You know you need to paint them....somehow.

Rich
JRust
I like those wheels. If I didn't allready have 3 other sets of wheels. I would have bought them myself. Well that & I'd need flares. They will look nice on your car for sure. I kind of like some Pheonix red on them in some way idea.gif
tat2dphreak
I like 'em they will look great!
6freak
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Aug 6 2009, 09:22 PM) *

I like 'em they will look great!

those will look awsome just the way they are ...... Dont paint them slap.gif WTF.gif are you thinking...get some tires and get them bolted up and someone can photoshop them color keyed so you can see what they will look like ....once you paint them its done then your stuck with them ...jmo
tat2dphreak
I thought the painting was a joke... don't paint them

6freak
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Aug 7 2009, 08:06 AM) *

I thought the painting was a joke... don't paint them

Maybe it is ...that Billy such a jokester slap.gif maybe we been had lol-2.gif
sixnotfour
great choice , rare too.

have photo shop guys try some, variations.

Eddie914
How about a set of BBS RA 16 x 8/9 with 225/50 & 245/45 tires to really fill out the wheel wells?

Vintage wheels still with their original finish.

I am thinning out my collection.

IPB Image

Regards,

Eddie
maf914
I have Revolution RFX wheels on my car, 15 x 6.5, black centers with a polished rim as supplied by Revolution. When I see other cars with this type wheel I always compare them with mine and I have concluded that I like solid silver the best. I find the black centers tend to make the wheel look smaller in diameter and make the somewhat strange spoke design look funky. But they have been good wheels and are doing their job well.

I vote keep the wheels silver. biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
nah, I've decided, for him, of course...

he needs to do an orange anodized finish... to go with the gulf blue
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.