Click to view attachment

Sway bar with rubber hose around it

Click to view attachment

Elephant PolyBronze bushings in trailing arms with stiffening tubes

Click to view attachment

/6 rear brakes

Click to view attachment

Boge rear shocks

Thanks to Eric Shea and all his assistance not only providing the parts and labor, but helping me figure out what were the right things to pick
smontanaro
Looks nice. What's with the rubber hose around the sway bar? Does it hit something (metal-to-metal) otherwise?

PanelBilly
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Aug 6 2009, 07:34 PM) *

Looks nice. What's with the rubber hose around the sway bar? Does it hit something (metal-to-metal) otherwise?

That's what I've been told, although the car didn't have one when I took it apart.
messix
Jon found that a tube from a golf bag works good to keep that bar from making contact with the tank.
r_towle
At slow speeds the anti sway bar can and does flutter sometimes and taps the gas tank...its pretty un nerving...its probably harmless, but its loud and makes it feel like something is broken...

Put pads under the tank also...the little carpet pads.

Rich
PeeGreen 914
Billy, I'll let you see what I did for the bar. It works perfect and will be much better than what you have there. beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 6 2009, 10:18 PM) *

Billy, I'll let you see what I did for the bar. It works perfect and will be much better than what you have there. beerchug.gif

Tell me more.
PeeGreen 914
I will wink.gif In due time my friend beerchug.gif
cwpeden
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 6 2009, 08:00 PM) *

At slow speeds the anti sway bar can and does flutter sometimes and taps the gas tank...its pretty un nerving...its probably harmless, but its loud and makes it feel like something is broken...

Rich

So thats what that rusty felt under the tank was for! idea.gif I think mine was under the bar, between it and the body.
RiqueMar
Hmmm, I'm pretty sure something you did was wrong.... Better take it all apart and check. Make sure to lose a few nuts and bolts along the way aswell
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(cwpeden @ Aug 7 2009, 02:02 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 6 2009, 08:00 PM) *

Rich

So thats what that rusty felt under the tank was for! idea.gif I think mine was under the bar, between it and the body.

If you go buy a big radiator hose you can cut it to size and replace te carpet with something that will not absorb water and works very well.
SUNAB914
Very nice job, all around.
proto31
Looks real good, you are helping to provide some needed inspiration! Nice zinc, your hardware looks great!

Dan
PanelBilly
QUOTE(RiqueMar @ Aug 7 2009, 07:40 AM) *

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure something you did was wrong.... Better take it all apart and check. Make sure to lose a few nuts and bolts along the way aswell

Just to help you out I assembled the intire front end and then took it apart to install the turbo tie rods and then one MORE TIME to install the dirt shield tat covers the steering rod that I had forgot. I read that you forgot the steering bearing and I remembered that, but didn't think about the dirt cover until it was all done
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.