Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Patrick quick six bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
blabla914
I used this Patrick mount on my car for one summer......and broke it. It has been repaired and reinforced as shown. I finished the autocross season with this bar the year I went to the six. I felt it had too much flex and went to a Johnson firewall mount.

$75 includes shipping to lower 48

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Kelly
Joe Bob
Just curious....what did Patrick say when ya told you broke it?
jt914-6
He probably told him what he told a friend of mine......"It must have been abused"
Joe Bob
Stand up warranty....
blabla914
I actually bought this mount a long time ago. I had already read about failures before I put it in. I figured with only a 2.0L motor and 205 R comps I'd be OK. I figured if it broke I'd just get another mount........which is exactly what I did. I never bothered to call Patrick. I figured it would just be a waste of time.........sort of like trying to sell this mount.

Kelly
914racer
QUOTE(blabla914 @ Aug 10 2009, 12:51 PM) *

I actually bought this mount a long time ago. I had already read about failures before I put it in. I figured with only a 2.0L motor and 205 R comps I'd be OK. I figured if it broke I'd just get another mount........which is exactly what I did. I never bothered to call Patrick. I figured it would just be a waste of time.........sort of like trying to sell this mount.

Kelly

I have been using one of these mounts for the last 10 years. It is installed in my
PCA GT5 race car with a 2.2 turned into a 2.5 two years ago. There is no signs of
failure on the mount. Where did yours fail? It looks like it is at the ends. I am
interested in going to a bulk head mount only because it would be easier to take my
motor in and out on my four post lift with a bulk head mount. Do you know if there is
any significant difference between the RJ and the Maddog unit?
Rich
brant
[/quote]

I have been using one of these mounts for the last 10 years. It is installed in my
PCA GT5 race car with a 2.2 turned into a 2.5 two years ago. There is no signs of
failure on the mount. Where did yours fail? It looks like it is at the ends. I am
interested in going to a bulk head mount only because it would be easier to take my
motor in and out on my four post lift with a bulk head mount. Do you know if there is
any significant difference between the RJ and the Maddog unit?
Rich
[/quote]

Rich, you'd be more successful posting questions in the regular forum instead of the classifieds. This add was from a couple of years ago

but the patrick bulkhead mount has some advantages for a race car in that it allows the motor to tip. I've had my motor tipped at the track a half dozen times now to do repairs at events.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.