Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forgot how much fun this is.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
We had a rediculously beautiful day here in Colorado on Sunday. I went to the garage to get some cosmetic work finished up on my truck (before the bling bling wheels show up) and noticed i had a very low tire on the 914. I have not driven the car since before Thanksgiving. There was enough air to get it to the local gas station, so I hopped in and turned the key. After a quick pump of the pedal, the thing fired right up and ran smooth (attn carb haters... ; ) ). Let it run for about a minute and headed off. I was expecting at least a little carb popping - I mean c'mon - I havent even started the thing in 4 months, let alone put it under any load. Scooted my way to the station, filled up the tires and put a quarter tank of good gas in it. The car simply ran great! No top, 65 degrees, not a cloud in the sky. 2 HOURS LATER I was back home. I again remember why I enjoy that little car so much. the few miles I put on the thing sure equate to a lot of smiles.
Sorry for the ramble - it was just a good afternoon. beerchug.gif
ppickerell
I know how it felt, I ran my car HARD up the mountain and back sunday with the top off. Wifey ran with me and did not white knuckle as far as I could tell. She is such a great sport!
TROJANMAN
i wish i could remember how much fun it is. all i want to do is get my car back (its in the shop for a rebuild). this weather has been torture. (and sorry to hear about your "small member" haha)
majkos
laugh.gif Ha-ha! I'm playing today!
So wonderful to be self-employed,
No money,car is paid for and Runs!
Life's a beach,even up here at Mile High!
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Mar 8 2004, 11:27 AM)
I ran my car HARD up the mountain and back sunday with the top off. Wifey ran with me and did not white knuckle as far as I could tell. She is such a great sport!

dito! smilie_pokal.gif
i even got a speeding ticket! smilie_flagge24.gif

funny thing is, we went onto some (completely empty) backroads in the wine country and my wife tells me to go faster and about 5 minutes later we fly by a cop coming towards us ...

didn't help when i told him "my wife made me drive fast officer!" ... laugh.gif

Andy
Rockaria
didn't help when i told him "my wife made me drive fast officer!" ... laugh.gif

At least she did not come back with "Don't listen to him officer, he always lies when he's been drinking!" ohmy.gif
TROJANMAN
that's when i would tell the occifer that i drink better when i drive.
Gint
I envy you Scott! Yesterday was pretty nice... Of course my 914 won't run under it's own power for a looong time yet.

So I'm heading outside to wash my bike for tomorrow's ride. I just got back from washing the truck in shorts and flip-flops.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 70.
ppickerell
Andy,
You shoulda ran with us, my "slow" 1.7 at the head of the pack would have kept you out of trouble!
SirAndy
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Mar 8 2004, 04:04 PM)
You shoulda ran with us, my "slow" 1.7 at the head of the pack would have kept you out of trouble!

shannon wanted to go to the beach ... wink.gif
ChrisReale
Andy's got a 1.8, so thats one tenth more powerful, right? laugh.gif Oh yea, and he has D-Jet... :finger2:
SirAndy
QUOTE(ChrisReale @ Mar 8 2004, 08:19 PM)
Andy's got a 1.8, so thats one tenth more powerful, right? laugh.gif   Oh yea, and he has D-Jet... :finger2:

at least mine is running ... laugh.gif

my car collects speeding tickets and miles in the CA sun driving.gif
your car collects dust and repair bills :finger2:

sorry, couldn't resist wink.gif
just saw it the other day, it's looking gud!
Andy
ChrisReale
Stab away! I just like poking fun. By the time this is over, Im going to have a Red$hift car. I just hope mine dont blow up blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.