Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cheap fuel injectors online
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mightyohm
I have found 914 fuel injectors online a lot cheaper than at the "usual places" ($30 less per injector). Does anyone know if these cheap "Bosch OEM" injectors are the real deal? I am curious if they are actually new or rebuilt used ones.
lmcchesney
Jeff,
What is the source? http://???????
L. McChesney
mightyohm
www.maximumautoparts.com is one. There are a couple more.
F4i
Does anybody have any info on this? I need a set. What were the other websites please.
mightyohm
I think maximum was the cheapest. I ordered some other parts from them and they were at my doorstep within 2 days.

If you go on google and search for 914 parts you'll start to find these generic car parts sites. They all look like they are powered by the same web engine, probably the same company behind all of them... It's a little mysterious and I would not expect much customer support, but the price is right...
F4i
Sounds good to me. Did you order the injectors and were they bosch? Thanks for the update.
mightyohm
I didn't order injectors yet. I have been meaning to test mine first. I have some old ones in a bag somewhere. wacko.gif

I did order a gasket set and cam bearings, and they were exactly what I expected...

Free shipping too, what a deal.
Brad Roberts
They are WorldPack distributors. What you are seeing is parts whoring. They have ZERO markup and the parts are drop shipped from the nearest (too you) WorldPack dist. wharehouse. The 30$ you see on the other sites is called margin... and it keeps the doors open. Anyone with a computer can pay WorldPack 2500$ and "tag" onto their database of parts.

Tidbit of info: WorldPack shoots all the digital pics for the online stores at their wharehouse in Fremont down the street from me.

B
Rusty
Call it parts whoring, but if it keeps money in my pocket on OEM type items, I like it.

I totally recognize that there is limited application for our cars... and you have to know exactly what you want. I'm sure the parts monkey at the other end of the phone (if there is a phone number) couldn't describe a 914 if one ran him over.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Part Pricer
QUOTE(jkeyzer @ Mar 8 2004, 08:16 PM)
www.maximumautoparts.com is one. There are a couple more.

There are actually a lot more. On my last count, there were 153 web storefronts that are using WorldPac as the inventory/distribution system. Some of them are well-known in the Porsche community. cool.gif

Until I received a "cease and desist" order, I had a publicly-available system that would query all of these vendors for the lowest price. Now, I have to keep it for my personal use. But, I can tell you the best price for 73-74 2.0 injectors in from Smitty's. wink.gif

I bought parts from a lot of these vendors, a business expense written off as research (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Some are good, some are bad and a lot are whores. You need to go with someone that has established themselves and will be around for a while. Between 5 to 10 of these guys go out of business every month. And, new guys join in to replace them. WorldPac is agressive about signing up new vendors. There is considerable churn.

I could tell you a lot more about how this works and how to use the system for your advantge. But, I may have said too much already. I'll wait until counsel reads this before I continue further.
crash914
I really like the cheap cost of 914 radiators.....

do they think the 914 is water cooled????
Part Pricer
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Mar 24 2004, 04:31 AM)
I'm sure the parts monkey at the other end of the phone (if there is a phone number) couldn't describe a 914 if one ran him over.

That's funny. laugh.gif

These guys have been working on their system for a while.

Auto Parts Monkey

Their system will be somewhat unique in that it will pull inventory status from both WorldPac and IMC (IMC is a WorldPac competitor).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.