Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Shootout was a total blast! Thanks to all who made it happen
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
I just got home from the 914 shootout in Packwood Washington. About a 4 1/2 hour drive for me one way. I got there friday night about 6. We had a nice BBQ with most the 914 crew that showed drunk.gif . It was a good way to kick off our weekend biggrin.gif

Major props & thanks to 6freak (Mike) for letting me co-drive his beautiful stock six pray.gif . Your car is well sorted & I felt totally comfortable driving it. I guess I've driven enough 914's that that shouldn't surprise me. I hope I didn't shame it with my driving blink.gif It was only my second autoX & I am seriously hooked.

I must admit I liked ORPCA way of doing things better. We got 8 runs in in less time than it took to get our 4 in yesterday. WAPCA runs just the 4 wich is good to. I just liked getting more runs in driving.gif . I felt better with every run despite missing the 2 gates yesterday. No missed gates today but did snag a total of 3 cones in my 8 runs today. 2 of which came on my last run headbang.gif . Which was my fastest of 65.203 (before I got my fixed slip with the 4second penalty stromberg.gif ).

Rambling a bit sorry. Thanks to all who were there. A special thanks to all who helped plan & make it happen pray.gif
Todd Enlund
Look at Jamie go!

Click to view attachment

More photos in the Paddock thread.

6freak
I see cone marks Jamie slap.gif...Is that seat belt even over your shoulder?
PeeGreen 914
Jamie, you did very well. Mike has a lot of AX experience and you were close enough to his times you should feel proud beerchug.gif . Everyone looked like they had a blast. The course was one of the most amazing I have ever seen. I'm not use to a course that twists for over 60 seconds. blink.gif

Can't wait to see you up in Bremerton again Jamie driving.gif
6freak
No i dont! and no he wasn`t !.... lol-2.gif ...Just poke.gif fun ...Jamie you did an outstanding job in a car you have never driven driving.gif ....Just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on .........I dont think any Cali folks showed up ?I heard those guys wont even drive to the store,thats just what i heard ..More poke.gif ..Maybe next year we can have the shootout in Portland
J P Stein
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 10 2009, 12:41 PM) *

No i dont! and no he wasn`t !.... lol-2.gif ...Just poke.gif fun ...Jamie you did an outstanding job in a car you have never driven driving.gif ....Just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on .........I dont think any Cali folks showed up ?I heard those guys wont even drive to the store,thats just what i heard ..More poke.gif ..Maybe next year we can have the shootout in Portland

OOps.wrong button..Portland is a NOT, however maybe Medford would suit the CA contingent.
DNHunt
Thanks everyone. It was fun.
J P Stein
Sorry to be abrupt about the Portland suggestion, but I wouldn't wish that venue on Grant.....well, maybe him. biggrin.gif
About the only good thing about running there all the time is you learn that your car must be strong, just to survive. It is a car breaker. It is also pretty small.....about 1/3 the size of Packwood......but 5 times as rough.

The idea behind the Shoot Out was to bring together as many 914s as possible from all over, in other words not just a regional event. Thus far it hasn't worked out that well.

Still, we had some fun, eh.
McMark
Thanks for the pictures!

not just a regional event. Thus far it hasn't worked out that well.

WCR this year has two days of AX action and people will be there from all over. wink.gif I still love the Shoot Out idea, but WCR will be a nice 'double shot' of AX fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.