Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Discovery of 914 Fuel Injector supplier for our 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hey,

I just discovered I have a set of (4) D-Jet 2.0 Liter injectors that were in my 914. They were purchased about 3-years ago from a company called PYTHON Injectors, Inc in Stanton, CA phone # 1-800-959-2865. They were installed during a tuneup by a local Porsche shop and ran very well in my 74 2.0 Liter D-Jet. At that time I think I paid about $60.00 each. I just took them out because Rob sold me a set of NOS green injectors for my new motor camshaft re-build.

BTW: I have them listed in our Classified For Sale Forum (self serving plug).

I did a google search and found them listed as following.
#633-135 for 914 1.7 Liter
# 633-136 for 914 2.0 Liter
# 633-137 for 914 1.8 Liter
No price was listed so you will have to call PYTHON for price & availability.
Here's a picture and they look the same as the factory green ones. I think Bowlsby did some research on injectors recently???? Can't find the post.

Tom
zymurgist
smilie_pokal.gif
Mark Henry
You should shoot your mechanic for using the wrong cheap hose clamps.
Hope you fixed that.
SLITS
It's actually Python Industries. They do MPSs, Injectors, Fuel Pumps, etc. Used to do brains too.

They are supposedly the only company that has the molds to replace the plastic tops on Bosch injectors.

For the Ricers, their product line is called Venom.

They are a rebuilder / remanufacturer.

We sell them cores all the time.
Mark Henry
I've looked at a few sites carrying these and the say remanufactured and have core charges. about $70 +$14.core each
sean_v8_914
python flow rates have been hit or miss for me. I send them all in batches to wich hunter for testing, then I match sets of 4 based on equal flow rate.
TJB/914
Ron, Mark & Sean:

Wow, the devil is in the details. I just got an education on fuel injectors. I thought I found the Holy-Grail of fuel injector suppliers. Bottom line, core charges run about $50.00 each plus their $100.00 rebuilding costs. Now your looking at about $150.00 each without guarentee's. I am keeping my spare Bosch's because NOS & good used factory ones are rare & expensive.

Hey, Bowlsby if your on line, tell us what you recently found.

Tom
Mark Henry
google is your friend Tom....
Jake Raby
Never seen anything from Python work very long at all.. I once used one of their fuel pumps on an RX7 engine and I had to return it 4 times before I got one that worked.

I have had customers burn buses to the ground when their cold start valves took a crap.
ghuff
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Aug 11 2009, 04:56 PM) *

Never seen anything from Python work very long at all.. I once used one of their fuel pumps on an RX7 engine and I had to return it 4 times before I got one that worked.

I have had customers burn buses to the ground when their cold start valves took a crap.

I have had the same experience with their replacement fuel injector seals and washers that go between the injector and seal.

All 4 leaked hilarious amounts of vacuum and boost.

I should have attempted to mic the components of their injector rebuild kits and compared it to the bosch bits.
Rav914
When I was looking for 2.0 injectors I did some research on other forums looking for alternates. Python had the same results in different cars too. I'd say about a 25-50% success rate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.