Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My big T4, got to get 'er done, plus second T4 DTM build ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
I'm at the crossroads for my big T4 build 102 nickies X 80 was the original plan.
It's been on hold way too long I've got to get 'er done.

I have to get this running this year and I'm low on funds, so it's going to be a big single till I can get dual TB's. I have a 55mm (honda) and according to the megamanual that's good for 170hp. Not bad but in this trim it should be capable of 180bhp or about 150rwhp. I have a line on a nice new 74mm (for $70 w/TPS) but that's a bit big at 3 inches blink.gif My buddy telling me to get it and try restrictor plates on it. If it is too big low end and idle can suffer but at that price idea.gif
Mark Henry
I then (3-4 years ago ) had some extra cash and I bought Mike Muller's 94 nickies x 78 with T1 mahle's abortion engine (cheap) for my DTM conversion bug. Muller's engine is a bad combo for a 914 as with the spacers it would be 3/4" wider, but it is fully balanced (914, fan to PP) by Jake. I tried swapping the 80mm crank but the 94 piston pulls out to far. They even pull out questionable with the 78mm.
Now I'm thinking to just do a nice 2.0 94mm nickies engine for the bug, use the balanced 78mm on the big T4 and sell the 80mm and rods.
Mark Henry
Here is the 55mm TB and the roll of tape on the 2nd pic is right around 74mm
The 55mm is smaller than it looks as it has a taper.
I should add that this is using a SDS FI system with crank fire ignition.
Mark Henry
This is the size difference in size between a dual TB manifold and stock 2.0 d-jet, but at the head end they are the same size.
Mark Henry
I'm thinking the 74mm (GM V6 and V8) is a waste and I should try for a 60-64mm

Jakes going to hate me, wanted me to only run duals, but I just want to get this puppy rolling. A future TB upgrade is a bolt on. I also need a set for the bug, that's 2 sets! I'm looking into doing something cheaper than TWM or jenvey for these.

So any arm chair FI or big engine guru's want to chime in your thoughts? plenum size (I've hacked open a d-jet plenum)?

The 914 engine has 44mm X 38mm valves, Big FI cam from Jake and a Pete Weber 1-5/8" header, SDS, 102 nickies with JE's, yada-yada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.