Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Friend looking for a Karman Ghia
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Good friend looking for a Ghia, body condition most important, he is very good with engines and not bad with body work but rust free as possible is what he is looking for. Any leads much appreciated.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
zymurgist
I have a pair of new Karmann Ghia headlight bezels that came with a trunkload of 914 parts. But as far as the rest of the car goes, sorry.
tomeric914
Here you go... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=13
Mark Henry
Finding a rust free ghia, that's never been popped in the nose is like searching for the holy grail.
Ian Stott
Wow, I didn't think a Ghia would go for more than a teener, those were some pretty high prices being asked compared to 914's. I think a Ghia is a cool little car but I much prefer the 914 and I don't think a Ghia is in the same league, not being snobby but the 914 outperforms it in every way. I think my buddy is in for a shock when he comes over and looks at the listings. Thanks a bunch for the link by the way!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Bleyseng
bought my one owner 70 vert recently and yes its been popped in the nose.. Haven't they all!
Totally different car than a 914, its a bug with a cool 50's body thats all.
Nowdays, try to find one that isn't slammed or hacked is hard...
Mark Henry
And if it doesn't have bumpers...ouch...hope you bring the KY if they need rechroming.
Canadian $2K+ bumpers refinished, I know someone doing a set right now.
maf914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 11 2009, 07:30 AM) *

And if it doesn't have bumpers...ouch...hope you bring the KY if they need rechroming.
Canadian $2K+ bumpers refinished, I know someone doing a set right now.

Two words....Nerf Bars! laugh.gif

Ghias are cool and I actually like nerf bars.
tat2dphreak
ghias are cool! but they can and do go for more than a equal shaped teener... I've seen verts that go for real -6 prices.

that said, one of the coolest cars ever imo. just needs about 100 more ponies. smile.gif
SLITS
Most of them are Bondowagons ...
Ian Stott
Well this info just gives me more ammo to convince my buddy to get a 914, there is one in our area that he has been sniffing around at, and I already gave him my engine out of my 74 parts car which has a nice set of webers. Mark are you hosting Dr.Evil and a transmission clinic?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
tomeric914
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 11 2009, 10:30 AM) *

Wow, I didn't think a Ghia would go for more than a teener, those were some pretty high prices being asked compared to 914's. I think a Ghia is a cool little car but I much prefer the 914 and I don't think a Ghia is in the same league, not being snobby but the 914 outperforms it in every way. I think my buddy is in for a shock when he comes over and looks at the listings. Thanks a bunch for the link by the way!

Yea, Ghia's have always been pricey. I got lucky back in HS and picked one up for $100 that I drove as a winter rat. Sure was a streamlined little car.

Here's some more:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Trucks-/6...m282&_rdc=1
Cap'n Krusty
I have a 1970 Ghia for sale. Project car. Minor rust under the battery, but the repair panels are readily available. Nose has been tapped and poorly repaired, but the metal's there and not too bad. No motor, but I have a trans. First $1500 gets it.

The Cap'n
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 11 2009, 01:38 PM) *

Mark are you hosting Dr.Evil and a transmission clinic?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

That's what we're hoping for....there's a thread, keep bumping it.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 11 2009, 01:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Aug 11 2009, 01:38 PM) *

Mark are you hosting Dr.Evil and a transmission clinic?

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

That's what we're hoping for....there's a thread, keep bumping it.

I JUST saw one the other day for sale on Oceanside Blvd. Driving by, it looks perfect. REALLY good paint.

I'll check for a number/price.
IronHillRestorations
Cool lines, with bug performance. Push, shove, or drag your buddy into 914dom.
Ian Stott
I sent you an e-mail Cap'n.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
Krieger
My first car was a 64 Ghia. I cried like a baby when I sold it to pay for my pilots license. beer.gif I'd love a black 69/70 I f I only had the time.
Bleyseng
mine is black....
SirAndy
I owned two, a coupe and a cabriolet ... The cabriolet was Signal Orange. Both were accident free.

I gave them away for free when i moved to the US.
wacko.gif Andy
76-914
He can buy mine; 81,000 original engine, trans., interior, brakes, rotors, all suspension parts are new (<6,000 miles)NO RUST $12,500
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.