Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All Original 1971 914 With Only 9300 Miles
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
iskender325
I am the 3rd owner of this one of a kind 914. Everything on this car is original including the original tires. The car only has 9300 miles!!! All the mechanics I have shown this to believe the mileage is correct. The owner of FLATSIX (Aaron) in Bloomington MN is one of the mechanics that believes this car is all original with correct mileage.

The story behind this car is it was bought brand new from Carousel Porsche Audi dealership in Minneapolis MN. The original owner bought it after he retired and moved away from the city. The owner drove the car for 2 years until he was diagnosed with cancer. Ever since then, the car was stored in the garage as he was not able to drive due to his condition. The next door neighbors got word of his condition and offered to take care of the lawn maintenance and any repairs to the house. 3 years later he passed away. 23 years later, the wife decided to give the car to the neighbors as a thank you for taking care of the house. The neighbors didn't know what to do with the car since it needed some work done to it. The car has minor body damage due to a bracing in the garage collapsing on top of the car. They wanted to refurbish the car but didn't have the money to do it. I bought this car 2 years ago and it needed a lot of TLC. I completely cleaned the car inside and out. I later gave the car to All Imports in Burnsville, MN to have them get the car running. $2500 later, the car started up. They ended up changing the fuel pump, gas lines, oxygen sensor, gas tank and some wiring (chewed up by mice). I spent another $2500 on a new windshield, refurbished the top and various parts. The car runs great with the exception of a knock in the engine. The car does not burn oil.

I'm selling the car because I lost my job and need the money

I'm asking $10,000 obo. I have more pictures upon request.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alex
xsurfer
QUOTE(iskender325 @ Aug 11 2009, 06:10 AM) *

I am the 3rd owner of this one of a kind 914. Everything on this car is original including the original tires. The car only has 9300 miles!!! All the mechanics I have shown this to believe the mileage is correct. The owner of FLATSIX (Aaron) in Bloomington MN is one of the mechanics that believes this car is all original with correct mileage.

The story behind this car is it was bought brand new from Carousel Porsche Audi dealership in Minneapolis MN. The original owner bought it after he retired and moved away from the city. The owner drove the car for 2 years until he was diagnosed with cancer. Ever since then, the car was stored in the garage as he was not able to drive due to his condition. The next door neighbors got word of his condition and offered to take care of the lawn maintenance and any repairs to the house. 3 years later he passed away. 23 years later, the wife decided to give the car to the neighbors as a thank you for taking care of the house. The neighbors didn't know what to do with the car since it needed some work done to it. The car has minor body damage due to a bracing in the garage collapsing on top of the car. They wanted to refurbish the car but didn't have the money to do it. I bought this car 2 years ago and it needed a lot of TLC. I completely cleaned the car inside and out. I later gave the car to All Imports in Burnsville, MN to have them get the car running. $2500 later, the car started up. They ended up changing the fuel pump, gas lines, oxygen sensor, gas tank and some wiring (chewed up by mice). I spent another $2500 on a new windshield, refurbished the top and various parts. The car runs great with the exception of a knock in the engine. The car does not burn oil.

I'm selling the car because I lost my job and need the money

I'm asking $10,000 obo. I have more pictures upon request.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Alex

You can believe Aaron at flat six, he drove his bike to PPI my car 914-6 in Sept. 06. I bought the car, drove it home to CA. I'd bet if you call him you'd get every answer to questions you haven't thought about.
Gene Selger
DEC
more pics here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...RK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

See the pics and made your own opinion
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.