Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: May be moving to the Atlanta Area?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
Thought it would be Florida...but that fizzled.

Now it may be the Atlanta area (Perimeter).

Does anyone have suggestions on nice areas or places to live in that vicinity? We would possibly be moving as soon as Aug 22nd.

Thanks!
Nel
r_towle
Contact George Hussey at Auto Atlanta...

Rich
914rrr
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 11 2009, 07:28 PM) *

Rich

Thanks Rich,

But Rob and George do not have a good relationship. We will not be dealing with him.

Thanks,
Nel
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(914rrr @ Aug 11 2009, 04:33 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 11 2009, 07:28 PM) *

Rich

Thanks Rich,

But Rob and George do not have a good relationship. We will not be dealing with him.

Thanks,
Nel

I have no idea what you are talking about. I have a good relationship with EVERYBODY. Maybe HE does not have a good relationship with me? You know how those Tennesseans are! Like the Hatfields and the Mc Coys, hold a grudge forever!!!

I would be more than happy to talk with Rob about the Atlanta area having been born here and lived here since December of 1967!
r_towle
yet you are a yankee
914rrr
Can we please get back on topic????
abbott295
The Perimeter goes all the way around Atlanta. What part is of interest to you? I work for a home builder in the Marietta area. Northwest of Atlanta, on I-75. Are you looking to buy soon or rent? On the other hand, if you are talking northeast, near I-85, this would not be so convenient for you. How much of a commute, time or distance would you tolerate? And if looking to buy, what sort of price range?

There is a radio station, and a TV channel also, with the call letters WSB. Obviously they have been around awhile. Their call letters stand for "Welcome South, Brother,"

I'm a Yankee too, but have lived here about 25 years.
904svo
Talk to Al Meredith he knows that area real good.
URY914
Depends on where you're going to work. North up GA 300 is about 1 1/2 hours from the airport on the south side.
914rrr
I would be commuting to east 285 north of Atlanta. We want to lease probably for a year. We would consider a lease option. We have been home owners for the last 15 years (in Florida and Tennessee), so we will be pretty picky if we have to move into a apartment. A house in a nice area would be great.

Thanks!
914rrr
QUOTE(904svo @ Aug 11 2009, 08:31 PM) *

We just received a PM from Al. He is a good guy! We appreciate all the info!
krazykonrad
Welcome to Atlanta! on the east side Decatur is nice, but the outskirts can get a little sketchy.

Konrad
13b914
QUOTE(914rrr @ Aug 11 2009, 04:45 PM) *

QUOTE(904svo @ Aug 11 2009, 08:31 PM) *

We just received a PM from Al. He is a good guy! We appreciate all the info!

I live outside of Atlanta in Pauling county and I love it there but we are west of Atlanta. Depending on how far you want to drive there is some decent houses in my neighborhood for lease and some for rent. If you need any more info please don't hesitate to PM me.
Jake Raby
Move to my area... Everyone else is.
carr914
You guys are making me dizzy again, I thought Sarasota was a done deal.

I would never live in Atlanta. But that is because the ex-wife is there and she is running for Judge again - I can see them stringing the rope over the tree branch as I write this hanged.gif

T.C.
914rrr

LOL...believe me...we are getting dizzy!!

Thanks everyone for all the info. beerchug.gif Hopefully we will have a definite answer about Atlanta this week. If we do move, we would need something by the end of August. As far as commute, I know it is horrible in Atlanta. So I guess it would really depend on the area. We definitely want a nice area, so we may have to deal with a commute to have that.

My parents use to live in Marietta off of Windy Hill, but that was about 20 years ago. Not sure what the area is like now.

Nel smile.gif
blitZ
We live in Gwinnett County, which is basically the east Atlanta suburbs. It's a nice, but growing area and the commute to the perimeter isn't too bad. Lot of houses available, you can get a great deal now.
martinef1963
I use to live south Atlanta, Jonesborough area and my sister still lives in Marietta - I like the Marietta area.

I guess it would really depend on where you are working and the kind of commute that you are willing to put in. Like you mention in your previous post the driving sucks!

Been there, done that.

Good Luck!
URY914
When are they going to build another perimeter outside of the existing one?
d914
I live in Kennesaw,, just out side of Atlanta.. I used to work in the perimeter area...always gald to act as a tour guide...Make sure you see what the commutes look like.. be here on a tues morning and afternoon rush hour before you choose an area!!
SGB
Ch-ch-ch-ch-anges...

Wow. I like Kennesaw and Woodstock. Definitely need to avoid commuting far if possible.

Good luck!
smile.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 11 2009, 05:02 PM) *

yet you are a yankee

Yes and I am stuck here. I really feel sorry for anyone who has to move to Atlanta, like I did when my Dad was transferred. Give me New England ANYDAY!!!!! I envy you Rich being able to live and earn such a fabulous living up there. Me? I am more than stuck here. Three hours and 45 minutes from the nearest ocean beach, and that is driving at a very good clip! People make the area and in New England, the people are just much better.
HAM Inc
People make the area and in New England, the people are just much better.

Uh oh! Here we go! popcorn[1].gif
tat2dphreak
People make the area and in New England, the people are just much better.

the attitude that has made AA what it is today... poke.gif
stromberg.gif
914rrr
QUOTE(d914 @ Aug 12 2009, 09:39 AM) *

I live in Kennesaw,, just out side of Atlanta.. I used to work in the perimeter area...always gald to act as a tour guide...Make sure you see what the commutes look like.. be here on a tues morning and afternoon rush hour before you choose an area!!

Thanks! We may take you up on your offer. We just arrived back from Atlanta today, and it looks like a 95% done deal. I will be located on Summit, and we really liked the area around there. VERY busy at lunch time, but that is okay.

We will be moving by Aug 22nd. (So we may need some temp housing in the interium).

We really appreciate all the info from everyone. Sorry if I do not respond to each post.

Since this thread is getting long...and seems to be taking a different direction..if anyone wants to contact us directly at our email, please feel free to do so.

Email: 914rrr@comcast.net

Thanks again, and we look forward to more suggestions!

Nel smile.gif
ws91420
Newnan is about 30 min north and my some of my inlaws seem to like it.
carr914
Nel, by Aug 22nd, you will have decided to go to Alaska biggrin.gif

Good Luck, and if you run into a pretty lady named Sheila, you don't know anybody named T.C. slap.gif

T.C.
914rrr
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 12 2009, 11:46 PM) *

Nel, by Aug 22nd, you will have decided to go to Alaska biggrin.gif

Good Luck, and if you run into a pretty lady named Sheila, you don't know anybody named T.C. slap.gif

T.C.

av-943.gif Rob just mentioned Alaska tonight! I swear you both were separated at birth!!!

On a serious note: We did decide since I will be traveling, that I will just stay at a extended stay for the 4 days I have to be in Atlanta, and be in Tennessee on the weekends. The boss is pretty workable, so this is good. Of course, we have to keep changing things, just so we can entertain you, TC. You have to admit, it is like watching a TV sitcom. biggrin.gif
abbott295
Newnan is to the south of Atlanta.

I guess Moline is no longer a possibility?
914rrr
New boss said that he needs me closer to the Dalton, GA office. So I need some suggestions of areas around Dalton.

Thanks!
d914
you could stay in Tn.. Chatanooga.... or dalton area..plenty of country up that way... your only 2 hrs from where you live...if your traveling..home office,, stay there..??
914rrr
QUOTE(d914 @ Aug 13 2009, 07:37 PM) *

you could stay in Tn.. Chatanooga.... or dalton area..plenty of country up that way... your only 2 hrs from where you live...if your traveling..home office,, stay there..??

I wish we could stay here, but I have to be near Dalton. Rob is pushing for Chattanooga, but we will see. I think I need to be closer to the operations office.
krazykonrad
Cartersville is a nice town between Dalton and Atlanta. You would be driving the opposite way of traffic in the morning and afternoons going to Dalton from Cartersville. Plus you wouldn't be too far from Atlanta if you wanted to go downtown.

Konrad
914rrr
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Aug 13 2009, 09:52 PM) *

Cartersville is a nice town between Dalton and Atlanta. You would be driving the opposite way of traffic in the morning and afternoons going to Dalton from Cartersville. Plus you wouldn't be too far from Atlanta if you wanted to go downtown.

Konrad

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for the tip. I will look into it. Rob and I might drive down on Sunday to look around.

Nel beerchug.gif
URY914
I can hear a bango playing in the background....

Squeal like a pig...
914rrr
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 14 2009, 10:29 AM) *

I can hear a bango playing in the background....

Squeal like a pig...

av-943.gif
sharper
I would agree with Konrad about Cartersville. Its right on 75 and a straight shot to Dalton. And its only about 20-25 to the Canton / Woodstock area where there seems to be many of us 914 owners.
914rrr
QUOTE(sharper @ Aug 15 2009, 10:03 AM) *

I would agree with Konrad about Cartersville. Its right on 75 and a straight shot to Dalton. And its only about 20-25 to the Canton / Woodstock area where there seems to be many of us 914 owners.

After some research, it looks like we would rather not be in the Dalton area. I have to be in Atlanta, then Dalton on Monday and Rob is driving down with me. This way he can look around. So if anyone isn't working that day and can show him the Cartersville area that would be great.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.