Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My strange hole
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjbunn
In the rear trunk, I have quite a large hole into the engine compartment. I'd welcome speculation about its purpose. Does anyone know?

IPB Image

(This is in a '74 2.0.)

Thanks!
dangrouche
QUOTE(jjbunn @ Aug 11 2009, 07:07 PM) *

In the rear trunk, I have quite a large hole into the engine compartment. I'd welcome speculation about its purpose. Does anyone know?

IPB Image

(This is in a '74 2.0.)

Thanks!

look for signs of battery in trunk floor i also see a rivet that is not supposed to be there at the bottom of your pic
PanelBilly
I second the battery too.
McMark
Someone's smart idea to 'upgrade' the car.
jjbunn
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 11 2009, 07:34 PM) *

I second the battery too.

The battery is in the front trunk.

You think the battery may at one time have been located in the rear trunk?
CliffBraun
I have a very similar hole that the wires for my rev limiter and powercore go through because I didn't want them in the cab or the engine bay. It was probably not that(dunno why you'd take that off unless you were doing a NICE aftermarket EFI) but definitely some wires.
elmonte
Would a 4 have any reason for a puke bottle like this 6 ?

Click to view attachment

PanelBilly
What's a puke bottle?

QUOTE(elmonte @ Aug 11 2009, 10:10 PM) *

Would a 4 have any reason for a puke bottle like this 6 ?

Click to view attachment

elmonte
Catch can for crankcase

Click to view attachment
SLITS
How well does that cooler work mounted in the trunk? I was thinking of doing exactly what is pictured except over the starter as the PO already cut a section out.

The line to the puke bottle should have been run back to the oil tank.
Gint
That's a POHO
ConeDodger
Ok... Thank goodness that turned out a lot tamer than the title would suggest! lol-2.gif
jjbunn
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 12 2009, 04:12 PM) *

Ok... Thank goodness that turned out a lot tamer than the title would suggest! lol-2.gif

A crass attempt on my part to generate more interest in the post than it deserves biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jjbunn @ Aug 12 2009, 07:57 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 12 2009, 04:12 PM) *

A crass attempt on my part to generate more interest in the post than it deserves biggrin.gif

Nice Julian! It got me...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.