Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2009 Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car Show
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jasfsmith
The 4th Annual Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car Show in Saratoga Springs, NY, offered exceptional weather, exceptional venue ("The Lawn" adjacent to the Saratoga Car Museum) and spectacular cars. I figured I'd present a sampling in advance of the Hemmings' Sports & Exotic November issue review. I was told that next year's event will be at the same location and weekend.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jasfsmith
I best stop posting pics unless you want more..
Rod
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Aug 12 2009, 04:06 PM) *

No carry on smile.gif Love seeing old metal smile.gif

Any more of the M engined 2002? I have always wanted to build one of those... such a great combo of superb looking car with a later M engine (the best of the bunch imo)
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Rod @ Aug 12 2009, 11:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Aug 12 2009, 04:06 PM) *

No carry on smile.gif Love seeing old metal smile.gif

More...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jasfsmith
More:...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Michael N
Nice pictures. My favorites are the BMW 2002 and the Dino. driving.gif
Jasfsmith
And a final one. Of the 150+ cars showing, all were 8+ cars (well there were a couple of "survivors"). Not a snob among the bunch. My only disappointment was the no show by any other 914ers. This needs to be corrected next year.

Click to view attachment
Rod
Wow all my fav cars in one place

289 Cob
Turbo 2 renault 5
Pantera
Alfa GTV

If only it weren't so far away!
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Rod @ Aug 12 2009, 11:14 AM) *

Any more of the M engined 2002? I have always wanted to build one of those... such a great combo of superb looking car with a later M engine (the best of the bunch imo)

Only other picture I could find. I thought I had an engine shot, I'll go through my shots again.

Click to view attachment
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Rod @ Aug 12 2009, 11:50 AM) *

Wow all my fav cars in one place

289 Cob
Turbo 2 renault 5
Pantera
Alfa GTV

If only it weren't so far away!

A few more then...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
StratPlayer
Thanks for the pics, Saratoga Springs very beautiful place. I miss the racetrack. I saw secratariot (sp) win the traverse there. Went to a lot of concerts there back in the late 60.s
1970 Neun vierzehn
V. nice pics, certainly more than Hemmings S&E could possibly publish. Your /6 , the Alfa Sprint Speciale, and the 289 Cobra would be my favorites. Thanks for posting all those. I too really enjoy car show pics, especially those gatherings where people don't throw their "cubic money" in obvious, obnoxious ways.

BTW, the trophy that you posted a pic of.......yours?

Paul
tod914
Very nice James.
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 12 2009, 09:27 PM) *

Paul

I swore that I would never prep "Six" to that level of judging, but spent a couple of weeks of nighly detailing just the same. And after the seven hour drive to Saratoga Springs and a few hours of further grime cleaning the day before, I was awarded Favorite German Car by the staff of Hemmings the day of the event.

What truly amazed me was the number of spectator/particpants that were snapping pictures of the car, expecially with the collection of very interesting machines of the lawn for viewing.

Ian Stott
James this is the show you invited me to attend with you I think. Wow, tons of nice cars, and you deserve the award you won, your car is an excellant example of our cars. I will try hard to get mine nice enough to join you next year so you are not the lone rep. Have done a lot of the things you recommended for me to do, had a scare last week when Siggy and I were heading out to pick up her Beemer from the body shop, never even got to the Costco hill when a puff of smoke from the fuse panel area scared the shit out of me and her! Turned the car off and took a deep breath, called Lorelei to come and recover us with the Jeep since we were so close to home but no answer(she was chatting with the neighbours outside, read catching up on the neighbourhood gossip) so I tried starting the car and all seemed ok, and drove home. Well key now stuck in ignition, Steven Brewster came over and diagnosed a bare wire and no damage to anything else, dismantled the steering assembly and found it was in need of parts and repair, good thing I had one from my parts car, between the 2 all is now better than before, self cancelling turn signals work as does the steering lock neither of which worked before, I now have a different key for the ignition but I can live with that. Thanks for posting such nice pics and your car looks great!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Aug 13 2009, 07:55 AM) *

Paul

......, I was awarded Favorite German Car by the staff of Hemmings the day of the event.

What truly amazed me was the number of spectator/particpants that were snapping pictures of the car, expecially with the collection of very interesting machines of the lawn for viewing.

Outstanding! clap56.gif thumb3d.gif

James, you have furthered the respect our 914s so deservedly warrant with your outstanding car and the work you continue to put forth in maintaining it. Congrats.

pray.gif

Paul
TJB/914
QUOTE(Jasfsmith @ Aug 13 2009, 07:55 AM) *

Paul

I swore that I would never prep "Six" to that level of judging, but spent a couple of weeks of nighly detailing just the same. And after the seven hour drive to Saratoga Springs and a few hours of further grime cleaning the day before, I was awarded Favorite German Car by the staff of Hemmings the day of the event.

Hi James,

Your 914-6 is a beautiful show quality car & you drive it everywhere. We are proud of you. pray.gif

But, they like it cause it has a "Rear Fog Light"!!! rolleyes.gif

Tom

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.