Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 GT Pics from Portugal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
Hey guys, while on vacation here in Portugal I was looking for some car museums to visit and stumbled upon this one. Seems they have a '70 914/6 GT replica that they do rallies with. Thought it would be cool to show bye1.gif

914/6 GT at Sportclasse

Translation: 6cyl motor, 1991cc, 210 hp @ 8000rpm. Weight 899kg. The necessity to promote the 914 model lead Porsche to look into a racing model which was released in 1970 as the 914/6 GT. This new race car maintained the same chassis of the production car, but got rid of anything that wasnt necessary to race. The GT distinguishes itself by a new brake system, wider fenders to accomodate wider tires and to come equipped with a 2 liter motor with twin ignition from the carrera 6. The car started immediately with wins in the GT class, in the 24 hrs of le mas in 1970, followed by the win at the longest race in the world the Marathon de la Route in nurburgring and the wind at 24 hrs of daytona in 1971. This car is a replica made from a 914/6 with some original pieces from a GT and with a 6 cyl motor from a carrera 6. With Jorge Nunes at the wheel it ran with some success in the Campeonato Nacional dos Classicos (in Portugal).

and another 914 at their facilities: '73 2.0 at Sportclasse

I plan to visit their facilities before I leave, hpoefully get some VIN numbers to add to the database bye1.gif
carr914
Obviously a Re-Creation - a Bolt-in cage and RennShifter. Still Nice

T.C.
tat2dphreak
very nice!
nsr-jamie
Where can I get a steering wheel like that one? Can I modify my stock one like that? Thats a really REALLY nice car!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.