Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 front suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
ahdoman
I did a search but I am affraid my questions may be a little too general. What front suspension was on the 914/6? Did it come from a 911 model or was it a unique animal? What was the bolt spacing for the calipers and caliper type? Did it carry unique 914 part numbers or are they 911 numbers?

Thanks for the help.
RiqueMar
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Aug 12 2009, 04:46 PM) *

I did a search but I am affraid my questions may be a little too general. What front suspension was on the 914/6? Did it come from a 911 model or was it a unique animal? What was the bolt spacing for the calipers and caliper type? Did it carry unique 914 part numbers or are they 911 numbers?

Thanks for the help.

Alot of the parts borrow from 911 equipment. Torsion bars, adjusters, etc. This is same for the struts, hups, thrust washers and clamp nuts as well.

Also, yes the caliper spacing is different.

As you can see, it looks almost the exact same.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
McMark
Your strut is on backwards! The caliper goes on the rear.

The whole front end is direct from a 911. The caliper spacing is the same. It's 3" bolt spacing on the calipers.
Eric_Shea

Joking right?

Couple of myths:

Alot of the parts borrow from 911 equipment. Torsion bars, adjusters, etc.

Torsion bars have the 911 spline count but are of 914 17.8mm size.

This is same for the struts, hups, thrust washers and clamp nuts as well.

Struts are the same as 911T struts in "all" respects except the part number. They do carry a 914.351.XXX.XX part number. The struts shown above are Bilstein struts and have a 3.5" spacing if they are for 911's

The mounting ear spacing on a 914-6 strut and M-Caliper is 3" just like the 911T strut and just like a 914-4. The spacing on the caliper for the rotor is 7mm wider to accomodate the 20mm vented rotor on a 914-6.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 14 2009, 12:15 PM) *

Joking right?

Couple of myths:

Alot of the parts borrow from 911 equipment. Torsion bars, adjusters, etc.

Torsion bars have the 911 spline count but are of 914 17.8mm size.

This is same for the struts, hups, thrust washers and clamp nuts as well.

Struts are the same as 911T struts in "all" respects except the part number. They do carry a 914.351.XXX.XX part number. The struts shown above are Bilstein struts and have a 3.5" spacing if they are for 911's

The mounting ear spacing on a 914-6 strut and M-Caliper is 3" just like the 911T strut and just like a 914-4. The spacing on the caliper for the rotor is 7mm wider to accomodate the 20mm vented rotor on a 914-6.

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.