Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 HDLT ASSEMBLY REFURBISH KIT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlestep
$88.00 per set (reduced from $104.00)

The good news is that the vendor revised his costing on a couple of things and has committed to manufacturing a short run of 10 - 15 sets. He will be starting the run by Wednesday, next week, after I revise the drawings over the next few days.
We reviewed the components and intermating parts together, and have a couple of dimensional changes. He already purchased the materials, and is waiting on my input.

Below is the updated listing of requested sets as of today.

Click to view attachment

I appreciate everyone's interests,
Dave type.gif
dlestep
...I forgot to mention, that for those people who want the original look to the
bushings, we can do them in white.
As soon as I get the finished pieces in-hand, I will ask for the mailing addresses
of everyone so that I can ship them out, and of course arrange for payment.
Please submit the addresses via PMs.
I will also send you my contact information by PM as well.

Dave
dlestep
icon_bump.gif
dlestep
..for those on the list, I am looking into opening a paypal account that everyone can pay into, or if it doesn't matter, we can do this by money orders.
If anyone wants to chime in on payment method, please feel free.
(If anyone else is interested in this kit, you can jump in at this time, this isn't closed)

for those on the list, I have only one address. Please send your mailing address by PM so that I can update the build sheet. If anyone has lost interest, please PM that you have,
tks
Dave
rfuerst911sc
Silly question how do you know if they are worn out? I have my headlight assemblies out of the car because it was recently painted. Car has been off the road and in a garage since 1991. If the bushings are bad/worn will I see/feel that they are loose by wiggling the shafts? I may or may not need these.
dlestep
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Aug 15 2009, 08:59 AM) *

Silly question how do you know if they are worn out? I have my headlight assemblies out of the car because it was recently painted. Car has been off the road and in a garage since 1991. If the bushings are bad/worn will I see/feel that they are loose by wiggling the shafts? I may or may not need these.

...if the original bushings are intact, and show no signs of cracking or uneven wear, I would say that they are good to go.
What I would check is the bronze pivot pin prior to installing the headlight assembly (both left and right). The pivot pin uses a M6 nut with course thread. If they are loose on the assembly, please remove the original nut and check the threads, it could be on its' way to cracking through the root diameter. If they are not loose, and never were, then they should be okay.

I noticed that one of my headlights was not aligning flush with the front trunk when in the down position. That's when I discovered the broken pivot pin.

The original condition of the headlight assemblies were god awful ugly. My 74 914 was originally light ivory. After sanding the body, I found other paint. It has been painted three times, three different colors, with the all three oversprays on the headlight assemblies.
I blasted the assembly pieces with aluminum oxide, brushed, primered and painted the assemblies. I decided to replace all the bushings in the assembly to remove any and all play. So was born the refurbish kit.....
Replaced all the rusted screws and adjusters...
I will take pics after I apply fresh paint, then you will see the difference.

Dave
dlestep
..to all...

after tangling with paypal, I now have a paypal account. I will send the account by PM after I check the short run dimensionally.
I'm not asking you guys to pay yet. That will come next week or so, just prior to shipping. Thanks for the addresses.

I will ship out one kit to someone on the list, prior to paying, for feedback.

These small steps will ensure that everyone will be satisfied.

Dave type.gif
lotus_65
i'm interested, but i need to disassemble and assess what i need before ordering.
jim_hoyland
PM Sent. Would like to see some instructions on how-to for the mechanically challenged--but willing-to-try owners.

smile.gif
dlestep
....for everyone requesting instructions on the installation of the kit. I am almost finished with the them and will be posting them in the next day or so.
Dave type.gif
jim_hoyland
Add me to the list; pm sent
dlestep
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 17 2009, 11:47 PM) *

Add me to the list; pm sent

...I already have...tks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.