Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT Microsoft flight sim X and a three monitor setup?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
degreeoff
Umm how would I do it? New HP comp w/a 512 vid card and a DVI HDI and analog outs.....monitors all have the right inputs ....Problem I know I will have is it running on 1 monitor as opposed to a continuious screen

Thanks

Josh aktion035.gif
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Aug 12 2009, 09:29 PM) *

Umm how would I do it? New HP comp w/a 512 vid card and a DVI HDI and analog outs.....monitors all have the right inputs ....Problem I know I will have is it running on 1 monitor as opposed to a continuious screen

It has to support multiple monitors. Go into the setting for Flight Sim, and I think that you will find it there. Or get on google and see what others have done.

I know most of the major race sims support multiple monitors, i'd be really surprised if FlightSim did not.

Zach
SirAndy
Doom2 had 3-Monitor support in 1994 ...

biggrin.gif Andy
Dr Evil
Doom ROCKED! We would play it at the base on duty nights. Head to head with one guy on the other side of the hangar so you cant hear him swaer at you when you fragged him smile.gif

Ah, memories
degreeoff
Thanks guys will do ....have to set up the beast tonight.

josh
johannes
Will your videocard handle the three monitors ? I doubt.
Last time I saw a three screens setup on flightsim was by my father who installed a Matrox tripplehead. Works great ...
degreeoff
yep its a ATI or sumthin with512megs and a dvi hdmi and analog....I was told it would work even after threatening a return to the store with a batt!

Josh
r_towle
Did you rob a bank last week?

Fix your damn car already....

Rich
wobbletop
It may drive the 3 monitors, but I doubt the game will see it as a single display. I could be wrong... let us know.

To get my 3 monitor setup working, I had to use 2 nvidia graphics cards on an SLI motherboard. Then I could use this
http://downloads.guru3d.com/SoftTH---Softw...nload-1922.html
to have the game think all 3 monitors were acting as one display.

-Walter
SirAndy
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Aug 13 2009, 09:34 PM) *

Actually, what you really want is a game that's made for using 3 monitors.

The normal view on the center monitor and the ones on the side showing you a separate side view giving you a real increased field of view ...
type.gif Andy
RoadGlue
QUOTE(degreeoff @ Aug 13 2009, 02:52 PM) *

yep its a ATI or sumthin with512megs and a dvi hdmi and analog....I was told it would work even after threatening a return to the store with a batt!

Josh

I don't think that's going to work well. I use FSX too and the primary display alone will eat up 512 MB of vid mem in a blink of an eye and still scream out for more... more... MORE! smile.gif

Usually cards with multiple outputs like that are setup to use one or the other and not all three outputs at the same. Especially for gaming. FSX pushes the envelope and you aren't going to get good results with three monitors without putting out some serious cash for cards.

What will each monitor be used for? A lot of people use one side monitor for IFR instruments, communication radios, etc. If you're planning on using all three to increase your view, then you'll need at least 256 mb (512+ recommended) per monitor. Your one card divided by three = 170 mb per display (though I still don't know if that will even work with your card). sawzall-smiley.gif

Why not post the exact card model number so we can look up the specs online vs. speculating. "its a ATI or sumthin" won't cut it. tongue.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 13 2009, 11:14 PM) *

QUOTE(wobbletop @ Aug 13 2009, 09:34 PM) *

The normal view on the center monitor and the ones on the side showing you a separate side view giving you a real increased field of view ...
type.gif Andy

FSX will not see all three monitors as one display. You simply create new windows for each view and then just drag 'em over to the monitor of choice. It was certainly designed with multiple monitor setups in mind.
RoadGlue
A few screenshots I took while flying FSX a few years ago:

Cessna with the glass cockpit:
IPB Image

A Maule in Aspen CO:
IPB Image

A few glider tow shots:
IPB Image

IPB Image
RoadGlue
Read this:
http://www.fsinsider.com/tips/Pages/Accele...pleHead2Go.aspx

The TripleHead2Go is not a graphics card, but it may do what you're looking for.
johannes
Memory will not be an issue. You can easely run FSX with 128 mo of memory... depends on image resolution and color depth.
RoadGlue
QUOTE(johannes @ Aug 13 2009, 11:51 PM) *

Memory will not be an issue. You can easely run FSX with 128 mo of memory... depends on image resolution and color depth.

If he's running LCDs, then he'll have to run them in the native resolution which will be pretty high I'd imagine. And then he'll need to turn down a lot of the detail. In the end if you turn down too much it just ends up looking like FS2000 all over again.

We really aren't getting a lot of info from the original poster.
wobbletop
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 14 2009, 03:14 AM) *

type.gif Andy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KilmpetTDRE

That is an example of what you can do with the software triple head (SoftTH). The hardware Matrox triplehead is a bit more restrictive in what it supports and is more expensive.

You can correct for the width of the monitor bezel as well so it really looks like a seamless display.

Unfortunately it says that FSX is not compatible:

http://www.kegetys.net/SoftTH/

-Walter
bandjoey
U can play with 2 all day long as long as the game supports multiple monitors. Most of the power motherboards support dual pci graphic cards giving u 4 monitors. Have to see what's inside the box. Keep your wheels up and have fun
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.