Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting a /4 tach to a /6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
I cant find my info for how to do this, but it was not hard. Does anyone have this info? Thanks.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 12 2009, 10:56 PM) *

I cant find my info for how to do this, but it was not hard. Does anyone have this info? Thanks.

has to be reballisted. Palo Alto does it. You could call Hartmut and he will tell you.
IronHillRestorations
Isn't Hartmut at North Hollywood? Probably be cheaper and faster to find a good used 911 tach.
Dr Evil
Thats just it, IIRC, it was just the addition of a resistor. I cant find the value needed and location, but it is a quick job and cheap to do.
plas76targa
Mike, wonder if Pelican site mentions that. I've read a post or sompin' that describes the resistor method. course I'm getting old and senile too
PanelBilly
I need to know too. If you find the information, would you please post it here
TimT
If you need a /6 tach I probably have one you could have for shipping...

though I have been cleaning up my basement and garage lately... and tossing truck loads of crap...

lemme know

Dr Evil
Tim,
I'll take you up on that. But, I still want to know the answer to my question. I will likely know when I get the 911 one from you smile.gif
marks914
There is a down and dirty way to do it, I will look in my notes in the shop. We started just replacing the guts with new ones for durability. The old VDO tachs are kind of finickey.

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.