Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: killed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
6freak
...And drives down the freeway at over 100mph and wraps the car around a toll booth........Bummer...I think she was a Porsche model and only 18 years old
736conver
Unfortunately that stuff happens on a daily basis.
saigon71
I suspect this why my Father suddenly sold our 72 Monte Carlo with a 350 when I got my drivers license.
bembry
This thing has been all over the 'net. Pretty grisly pics. Her poor family gets terrorized by assholes sending emails of the pics to them constantly--that part made the national news. Do a search for "porsche girl"--more details than you probably want.
tat2dphreak
another "darwin was right" moment. just like the motorcycle rider we talked about in the sandbox. you do something dumb at 100mph... guess what happens?
GaroldShaffer
While I agree it was dawrin moment, I think most of us have had one or two moments that could have ended in a darwin moment also. I know I have in my younger days.

What gets me is the jerks that emailed her family and such. Why? I really don't understand people sometimes.
PeeGreen 914
agree.gif sad.gif They just lost their daughter. That has to be one of the worst feelings ever.
tat2dphreak
What gets me is the jerks that emailed her family and such. Why? I really don't understand people sometimes.

agree.gif that's just flat not right .

I wasn't trying to ignore what hell her parents must be going through, I'm sure the motorcycle rider left a family too, who are equally saddened.
JOE M
Accidents like this is why I stoped riding my bike. It`s too easy to get caught up in a fast car or bike and do something stupid.
carr914
A good friend of mine died hitting a toll-booth and with his Porsche at over a 100mph. Toll-booths are built like bunkers and don't give an inch.

What would somebody get out of eMailing her family pictures of the accident. confused24.gif

T.C.
MDG
QUOTE(carr914 @ Aug 14 2009, 03:22 PM) *

What would somebody get out of eMailing her family pictures of the accident. confused24.gif

T.C.

agree.gif

These type of accidents happen all the time, through stupidity, drugs, booze, lack of skill . . . . you read about it, feel pity for the parents and move on. It's probably about to happen somewhere right . . . . NOW!

What makes this incomprehensible is the sickness of others to torture grieving parents.

lowlifes and pond scum
saigon71
QUOTE(JOE M @ Aug 14 2009, 02:40 PM) *

Accidents like this is why I stoped riding my bike. It`s too easy to get caught up in a fast car or bike and do something stupid.

agree.gif
As soon as my 914 is ready, I am selling my bike too. Too many close calls - even riding it defensively.
URY914
I looked it up and saw the pictures. Not work safe.

Story said it happened in 2006.
JOE M
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Aug 14 2009, 01:39 PM) *

QUOTE(JOE M @ Aug 14 2009, 02:40 PM) *

agree.gif
As soon as my 914 is ready, I am selling my bike too. Too many close calls - even riding it defensively.

My bike became more of a chore watching out for people on cell phones or just plain bad drivers.Way too many close calls and 3 kids made my mind up. I do miss it so maybe someday I will get another. New england is a tough area to ride anyway because of the roads.
6freak
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 14 2009, 01:41 PM) *

little late getting around then :confused I seen the pictures as well! not pretty you cant even tell the make of the car ..wonder why its such a hot topic right now..
PeeGreen 914
Were is it a hot topic? I'm not seeing anything on it in the news and I keep pretty up on it.
6freak
Yup 2006 ...just read the whole storey very sad ........newsweek is where i read it Jon .......Im done with this one
914rat
Just last week a poor guy on a bike was killed in our county by 5, 16 year olds in a stolen car driving at excessive speed and crossed the centerline.They abandoned the car at the seen and ran away .Left him for dead.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(6freak @ Aug 14 2009, 12:49 PM) *

QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 14 2009, 01:41 PM) *

little late getting around then :confused I seen the pictures as well! not pretty you cant even tell the make of the car ..wonder why its such a hot topic right now..

Mike,
I can answer that. The pictures that are on the internet were leaked somehow allegedly by CHP. The family is suing CHP and it is just now winding its way through the legal system.
bigkensteele
The word "Porsche" equals class-envy, which equals news. Had it been a Chevy or a Honda, none of us would even know about this accident. Doesn't matter if you paid $2000 for your 914 or $600k for your Carrera GT, you are labeled a snob in the media, and you are vilified if your vehicle is involved in an accident.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Aug 14 2009, 02:26 PM) *

agree.gif sad.gif They just lost their daughter. That has to be one of the worst feelings ever.

agree.gif

I have a dear friend who lost her 13 year old son last year. I don't think she's ever going to be right again.

Pointing fingers at the kid for doing something dumb isn't going to bring her back. I did a lot of stupid shit too, but I somehow survived. That doesn't make me better than this girl, only luckier.
zymurgist
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 15 2009, 03:12 AM) *

The word "Porsche" equals class-envy, which equals news. Had it been a Chevy or a Honda, none of us would even know about this accident.

Good point. There was a similar incident where a young guy crashed a BMW (Florida?), killing all aboard. The pictures were all over the net.
Gene
Good point. There was a similar incident where a young guy crashed a BMW (Florida?), killing all aboard. The pictures were all over the net.

I remember that one. It was a bit more interesting because the kid posted on a bmw forum. The members warned against doing anything stupid because he was 18 and needed driving lessons. Didn't stop him from going out to a private airstrip in a gated neighborhood and running out of road on a runway that ended in a ravine, and then getting airborne into a massive tree at triple digit speed. Of course all aboard were drunk and it was his father's car he took joyriding.
zymurgist
Yep, that was the one I was thinking of. Very sad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.