Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd. and 4th. brake lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jjbunn
I have two LED brake light units that are fitted (glued) to the glass just behind each headrest of the seats (so as not to affect visibility). These I want to illuminate at the same time as the rear brake lights.

I would like to connect them into the main wiring harness that runs through the centre tunnel in the passenger compartment, since the wires are all there and it looks like an easy thing to do, but I'm wondering if this is a bad idea? Would I be better taking the wires out to the rear trunk and connecting them at the brake light socket there?

After searching in the forum, I found several reports of fitting 3rd. brake lights that all were done by wiring to the rear light terminals.

Thanks!
r_towle
For some reason I recall that some of the witing for the rear lights goes through the relay board...

This is coming from the single filament bulb in the wrong socket will keep the car running (a Dave Dyer thing)

So, I would say run wires from the trunk

Rich
jjbunn
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 14 2009, 06:03 PM) *

For some reason I recall that some of the witing for the rear lights goes through the relay board...

This is coming from the single filament bulb in the wrong socket will keep the car running (a Dave Dyer thing)

So, I would say run wires from the trunk

Rich

OK Rich, thanks ... I guess I need to study the wiring diagram blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.