Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I hope I can get the straps in after the tank is in place
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
The straps are still drying (yes I had to paint them too). I hope I can bolt them in with out pulling the tank back out.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Do you think the tank is sitting kind of high. I know its down on the driver's side because its touching the body.
r_towle
Its looks about right.

Good luck on bolting the straps in...you can always hope...but I doubt it.

Rich
orange914
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 14 2009, 09:09 PM) *

Do you think the tank is sitting kind of high. I know its down on the driver's side because its touching the body.

do you have the felt and/or blocks in?
championgt1
I recenttly put my tank back in and I don't think you will be able to get those straps on with the tank in. It is hard to tell if the tank is to high. We had to put mine in and take it out a couple of times before it was all the way down. The rubber blocks in the right place really make a difference as to how far the tank will go down.

Looking good! beerchug.gif
VaccaRabite
Hope you left a good service loop of fuel line at the bottom of the tank. You are going to need to pull it, but not all the way if you have a helper.

Zach
rfuerst911sc
Having recently installed a fuel tank after repaint I don't see any way you're going to install the rear strap with the tank in. I bolted mine in before lowering the tank and I held it back/out of the way with a bungie cord. I must have installed/removed/installed the tank 5-6 times and I'm still not 100% sure I have it right headbang.gif . But the straps are bolted to each other so I must have it close dry.gif . Good luck with the install. beerchug.gif
Gint
I don't see the issue. Pulling the tank back out is easy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.